Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Wash (formerly Tesla Wash) waterless car wash in SF Bay/Monterey area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
Since I see a number of posts asking about where to get your car washed, thought I would update you guys on one of the waterless car washes available in the San Francisco Bay area. In addition to Eco Green Auto Clean in Redwood City, check out Future Wash (formerly Tesla Wash) for their locations and pricing. They are an official Tesla vendor and insured. Last year I posted about them at the Mt. View Supercharger location, where you could get your car washed while charging. Michael, the owner, has said there are some changes this year, one of them being that they have expanded and gone beyond Superchargers to better serve people looking for the convenience while at work or shopping or charging.

As of today, here's a few updates.

Superchargers locations:
Mt. View - right now no washing in stalls like last year but working to go back to that arrangement as it's a time savings for owners to be able to do that. They have 2 spaces right now with the Computer Museum. Michael did mention that with the opening of the Sunnyvale and Cupertino supercharger locations, traffic at Mt. View has drastically changed from last year where they would wash car and valet it to charge when necessary. Normally open everyday but hours may vary; you can call them to check on availability if you are heading there.
Gilroy is open M-W-F-Sat-Sun (and they are working on adding service to the outlets as well for non-Teslas).
San Mateo (Target) -- soon
Monterey (soon)

Shop & Wash:
Santa Row - Everyday. Located in the Winchester parking garage (located behind Tesla Store). Right now on the top floor.
Bay 101 - Will be Everyday starting May 11.
Gilroy Outlets - soon, but look for them at the Superchargers for now.

Wash at Work:
Irvine Center - Fridays, located at 1st and Trimble, located in the back parking lot behind Specialty's Cafe & Bakery.
City View Plaza Parking Garage - Thursdays, located in very large parking garage on Park Ave, fifth floor, just down from the San Jose Tech Museum and next to Morton's Steakhouse.
Oracle & PWC - Opening May 9. Wednesdays.

Thanks for that info. Just used AJ Auto Detailing in San Jose near the airport for my first Tesla wash and it came out amazing - better than when I picked up the car from Tesla's detailer. I may use that Santana Row Shop & Wash one of these days as well for a quick wash while eating at one of my fave Pizza restaurants there.

Thanks for that info. Just used AJ Auto Detailing in San Jose near the airport
for my first Tesla wash and it came out amazing - better than when I picked up the car from Tesla's detailer.
I may use that Santana Row Shop & Wash one of these days as well for a quick wash
while eating at one of my fave Pizza restaurants there.

It's not a little bit an oxymoron to have your car detailed while eating some pizza....

Here are the current quotes:

Mini Detail - AJ Pro Detailing, INC.
$55.00 – REGULAR SIZE
$65.00 – MID SIZE
$75.00 - FULL SIZE
$85.00 – LARGE SIZE
$95.00 – EXTRA LARGE SIZE

Express Wax - AJ Pro Detailing, INC.
$70.00 – REGULAR SIZE
$80.00 – MID SIZE
$90.00 -FULL SIZE
$100.00 – LARGE SIZE
$150.00 – EXTRA LARGE SIZE
$225.00 – XXL SIZE

Express Wax Deluxe - AJ Pro Detailing, INC.
$90.00 – REGULAR SIZE
$100.00 – MID SIZE
$115.00 – FULL SIZE
$125.00 – LARGE SIZE
$175.00 – EXTRA LARGE SIZE
$250.00 – XXL SIZE

Custom Exterior Detail - AJ Pro Detailing, INC.
$185.00 – REGULAR SIZE
$225.00 – MID SIZE
$255.00 – FULL SIZE
$295.00 – LARGE SIZE
$355.00 – XL SIZE
$395.00 – XXL SIZE

Complete Exterior Detail - AJ Pro Detailing, INC.
$275.00 – REGULAR SIZE
$305.00 – MID SIZE
$355.00 – FULL SIZE
$395.00 – LARGE SIZE
$455.00 – EXTRA LARGE SIZE
$505.00 – XXL SIZE

Complete Interior Detail - AJ Pro Detailing, INC.
$275.00 – REGULAR SIZE
$305.00 – MID SIZE
$355.00 – FULL SIZE
$395.00 – LARGE SIZE
$455.00 – EXTRA LARGE SIZE
$505.00 – XXL SIZE

Connoisseur Detail - AJ Pro Detailing, INC.
$525.00 – REGULAR SIZE
$555.00 – MID SIZE
$585.00 – FULL SIZE
$635.00 – LARGE SIZE
$685.00 – EXTRA LARGE SIZE
$750.00 – XXL SIZE

Lol, that's "Santana Ro
Since I see a number of posts asking about where to get your car washed, thought I would update you guys on one of the waterless car washes available in the San Francisco Bay area. In addition to Eco Green Auto Clean in Redwood City, check out Future Wash (formerly Tesla Wash) for their locations and pricing. They are an official Tesla vendor and insured. Last year I posted about them at the Mt. View Supercharger location, where you could get your car washed while charging. Michael, the owner, has said there are some changes this year, one of them being that they have expanded and gone beyond Superchargers to better serve people looking for the convenience while at work or shopping or charging.

Superchargers locations:
Mt. View - right now no washing in stalls like last year but working to go back to that arrangement as it's a time savings for owners to be able to do that. They have 2 spaces right now with the Computer Museum. Michael did mention that with the opening of the Sunnyvale and Cupertino supercharger locations, traffic at Mt. View has drastically changed from last year where they would wash car and valet it to charge when necessary. Normally open everyday but hours may vary; you can call them to check on availability if you are heading there.
Gilroy is open M-W-F-Sat-Sun (and they are working on adding service to the outlets as well for non-Teslas).
Monterey (soon)

Shop & Wash:
Santa Row - Everyday. Located in the Winchester parking garage (located behind Tesla Store). Right now on the top floor.

Wash at Work:
Irvine Center - Fridays, located at 1st and Trimble, located in the back parking lot behind Specialty's Cafe & Bakery.
City View Plaza Parking Garage - Thursdays, located in very large parking garage on Park Ave, fifth floor, just down from the San Jose Tech Museum and next to Morton's Steakhouse.

Superchargers locations:
Monterey (soon)

Shop & Wash:

Wash at Work:
I gave Future Wash a try at Santana Row. I called ahead to see what the wait would be. None, probably because they’v only been at this location a week and the word’s still getting around.

When I arrived, they explained their services. I chose the interior/exterior package for $29.99. Right now they require payment up front. I used Apple Pay.

They texted me a half hour later that the car was ready. They asked me to look everything over. They took care of a couple of spots I pointed out, and I was on my way.

I’d say these folks are worth checking out.

We were down by the Gilroy location the last two weekends (not sure which day) and they weren't there either time. I called them after the first weekend and Gary said since they had opened up Santana Row they were focusing on that location. So if you are looking to get a wash in Gilroy, I'd call first or just not plan on it. Hopefully that situation will change quickly.

Hey, just received an email from Future Wash that they are now going to be down in Gilroy. :D Here's the info. They have updated their website so check it out.

"I have great news!!! Future Wash is back at the Gilroy Outlets right by the superchargers. For the next two weeks we will be there Friday through Sunday and move to 7 days a week after that.

Updates:
  • We have started a loyalty program
  • We have an online appointment system
  • Several new locations
  • Over 25, 5 star reviews on YELP "
https://www.futurewash.com

Great news for all those traveling North and South on 101 through the area in need of a charge and car wash. Our MS is pretty dirty right now and I was just thinking how I miss not having a "waterless" wash down in this area and having to drive to Santana Row or Redwood City for this type of service.

Hey, just received an email from Future Wash that they are now going to be down in Gilroy. :D Here's the info. They have updated their website so check it out.

"I have great news!!! Future Wash is back at the Gilroy Outlets right by the superchargers. For the next two weeks we will be there Friday through Sunday and move to 7 days a week after that.

Updates:
  • We have started a loyalty program
  • We have an online appointment system
  • Several new locations
  • Over 25, 5 star reviews on YELP "
https://www.futurewash.com

Great news for all those traveling North and South on 101 through the area in need of a charge and car wash. Our MS is pretty dirty right now and I was just thinking how I miss not having a "waterless" wash down in this area and having to drive to Santana Row or Redwood City for this type of service.

Will they serve at other supercharging stations in the Bay Area? I am in SF, but commute down to Palo Alto for work, would be sweet to have them at the Mountain View Supercharging Station some days of the week at least. I emailed them, but never got a reply.

Down in Gilroy today and stopped by for a Future Wash carwash at the Supercharger area. One car had just finished up and two in front of us. The cars are detailed in the lane behind the newest charging pedestals and that works out great for everyone.

Waterless washes are the way to go, especially in California. Great service, the guys did a really nice job on it and in fact the car looks brand new inside and out; nice shine too. This will be a convenient location for many. Oh and Superchargers Saturday afternoon were nearly always full.

IMG_8926.JPG

IMG_8927.JPG

Last edited:
Have you tried Qweex On-Demand Car Wash? I've been using them for about a year and half now, an even though quality slightly varies depending on the person washing, overall they are pretty on point. The best advantage is that they come to you, which is greatly convenient.

I used Qweex for more than a year and they are great. Highly recommend, as soon as I got my M3, I got them to come to my house for a wash!!

When I got my Model 3 washed by Future Wash at the Gilroy SCs recently, they told me they are working on a permanent kiosk. When it’s done they will be there 7 days a week. Expecting this to happen in next few weeks.

Also found out they are also already set up and doing business at the mall corner of Blossom Hill Road and Santa Teresa at Westfield Oakridge Mall. Convenient to 85 as well. I haven’t been to the wash there but was told they are right outside of the Target Parking Garage entrance. They wash in the sectioned off valet area directly across from the garage. They can be seen from the Santa Teresa entrance as well. Told up against the old Sear’s Tire Shop building on that corner. That’s a busy shopping center so pressed for better directions to avoid trying to drive around there looking for it.

Both of these locations will be convenient when out shopping down in Gilroy or at Oakridge Mall in San Jose. From their website they have been expanding around the Bay Area and there are other locations I’m seeing listed that are new, so check out their website if looking for something closer to you.

We’ve been using the Gilroy supercharger FutureWash location for our car washes but since it is temporarily closed at the moment went to the Westfield Oakridge Mall location on the corner of Santa Teresa and Blossom Hill Rd in San Jose today. First time there. Right off 85 and 87. Located across from the Target store parking garage, they have it set up with a shade tent while the car is being washed. Jackie did a great job.

592ECA3A-D8B5-4A35-A1C0-9F85FA7CE809.jpeg

Last edited: