TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

FW 17.7.2 (AP2 vehicles)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Ulmo, Feb 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

#1 Ulmo, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    I just got FW 17.7.2, on a car with full AP2 hardware. I have none of the AP software options paid, so others will have to post updates regarding features available to those who paid for the software options.

There is nothing new for me in the release notes, which as far as I can tell, are the same as for 17.5.28 (I attached the new seemingly unchanged release notes); for those who have AP, they probably have something new going on.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. AAARSINIC

AAARSINIC Member

Lol. Just got/posted the same.

3. croman

croman Active Member

Maybe it works better? I don't have local autosteer yet...

4. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

According to Forums, auto parallel park!! Can someone post release notes for that please??

5. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

I'm sorry; I hadn't realized there's a thread for this already at Firmware 8.0 . I asked moderators to delete this thread.

6. T3SLA90D

T3SLA90D Member

Auto parallel park and autosteer on local roads (I guess this was supposed to have been released in 17.5.36 but I never got it)

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  7. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

Yes, it looks like the only thing new over what was in 17.5.36 (which I never got) is auto parallel parking as noted above. Since I didn't get 17.5.36, this update also enabled auto steer on local roads (up to 35mph). Hopefully it works better than others reported under 17.5.36. I'll try it out tomorrow.

8. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

I just got a notification a few moments ago and installing now. My version prior to the update notification is 17.5.28.

9. theslimshadyist

Software update failed, fist time I have ever seen this. Error on the screen said something like, "Software update failed, please wait until another update is pushed to your car". Anyone ever seen this before? Will it try to push the software update again or will it skip and wait until the next version? What a bummer!

10. sdorn

I haven't seen that before, but I've only had my car two months.

Did you do anything that might have affected the download like opening a car door or connecting to the car via the app, etc. while it was installing? Or maybe there was a problem with your internet connection or something in the middle of the download?

11. theslimshadyist

Nope. I purposely set the install to occur in 5 mins then got out of the car. I got a notification on the app that the update failed so I went out to the car. It is connected to my wifi at full strength so I'm now on hold with Tesla support.

12. sdorn

I've never used the timer to schedule the update. It automatically gives you a 2 minute countdown when you tell it to install now, which has always been plenty of time for me to exit the car, shut the door and leave the garage.

13. theslimshadyist

Ok, Tesla support confirmed that it was a false positive error and I verified that claim when I pressed on the "T" and sure enough, 17.7.2 installed correctly. Even the release notes indicated the updated features so all is good!

14. Matheus28

Matheus28 Member

FYI you don't need internet connectivity during the update. It's already downloaded and staged, the car just needs to flash the firmware for the other components and remount cid/ic/ape images.

Is the only change from your last update the autoparking thing? Is the maximum autosteer speed on highways still 50 mph?

15. theslimshadyist

I also received the ability to enable auto steer on local roads with a max speed of 35mph. My previous update allowed to enable on interstates only but raised it to 50mph.

16. theslimshadyist

Oh, and hopefully the "dancing lines" are no longer present but I will validate that in the morning.

17. T3SLA90D

T3SLA90D Member

Lanes are still dancing. Seems like Tesla is just adding features and not addressing existing bugs in previous releases.

• Informative x 1
  18. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

Yes, my .36 did the same thing. I emailed Tesla and they pushed another update to me.

19. T3SLA90D

T3SLA90D Member

Autosteer on local roads very dangerous...

20. mustafazr

mustafazr Member

Already been discussed, lots of other threads on this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.