Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FW 17.7.2 (AP2 vehicles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got FW 17.7.2, on a car with full AP2 hardware. I have none of the AP software options paid, so others will have to post updates regarding features available to those who paid for the software options.

There is nothing new for me in the release notes, which as far as I can tell, are the same as for 17.5.28 (I attached the new seemingly unchanged release notes); for those who have AP, they probably have something new going on.

Attachments

• IMG_2271.JPG
    IMG_2271.JPG
    344.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2273.JPG
    IMG_2273.JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: croman
Yes, it looks like the only thing new over what was in 17.5.36 (which I never got) is auto parallel parking as noted above. Since I didn't get 17.5.36, this update also enabled auto steer on local roads (up to 35mph). Hopefully it works better than others reported under 17.5.36. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Software update failed, fist time I have ever seen this. Error on the screen said something like, "Software update failed, please wait until another update is pushed to your car". Anyone ever seen this before? Will it try to push the software update again or will it skip and wait until the next version? What a bummer!

Software update failed, fist time I have ever seen this. Error on the screen said something like, "Software update failed, please wait until another update is pushed to your car". Anyone ever seen this before? Will it try to push the software update again or will it skip and wait until the next version? What a bummer!

I haven't seen that before, but I've only had my car two months.

Did you do anything that might have affected the download like opening a car door or connecting to the car via the app, etc. while it was installing? Or maybe there was a problem with your internet connection or something in the middle of the download?

I haven't seen that before, but I've only had my car two months.

Did you do anything that might have affected the download like opening a car door or connecting to the car via the app, etc. while it was installing? Or maybe there was a problem with your internet connection or something in the middle of the download?

Nope. I purposely set the install to occur in 5 mins then got out of the car. I got a notification on the app that the update failed so I went out to the car. It is connected to my wifi at full strength so I'm now on hold with Tesla support.

Nope. I purposely set the install to occur in 5 mins then got out of the car. I got a notification on the app that the update failed so I went out to the car. It is connected to my wifi at full strength so I'm now on hold with Tesla support.

I've never used the timer to schedule the update. It automatically gives you a 2 minute countdown when you tell it to install now, which has always been plenty of time for me to exit the car, shut the door and leave the garage.

FYI you don't need internet connectivity during the update. It's already downloaded and staged, the car just needs to flash the firmware for the other components and remount cid/ic/ape images.

Ok, Tesla support confirmed that it was a false positive error and I verified that claim when I pressed on the "T" and sure enough, 17.7.2 installed correctly. Even the release notes indicated the updated features so all is good!

Is the only change from your last update the autoparking thing? Is the maximum autosteer speed on highways still 50 mph?

FYI you don't need internet connectivity during the update. It's already downloaded and staged, the car just needs to flash the firmware for the other components and remount cid/ic/ape images.

Is the only change from your last update the autoparking thing? Is the maximum autosteer speed on highways still 50 mph?

I also received the ability to enable auto steer on local roads with a max speed of 35mph. My previous update allowed to enable on interstates only but raised it to 50mph.

Yes, my .36 did the same thing. I emailed Tesla and they pushed another update to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.