Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FW 2019.28.2 charging issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have a 16 pre-facelift MS70 and just updated the FW a few hrs ago. Went to charge at a SC and it would randomly stop and go. Is anyone having the same issue. I already rebooted 3times (holding the 2 wheels and breaks and also 2 times from the main screen.

Installed 2019.28.2 yesterday, COMPLETE SYSTEMS MELTDOWN.
All AP systems failure
All Safety systems failure
Front motor failure
Re-gen not working
Charging was still working though
Car now with Tesla for a complete systems overhaul.

Last edited:
i have a 16 pre-facelift MS70 and just updated the FW a few hrs ago. Went to charge at a SC and it would randomly stop and go. Is anyone having the same issue. I already rebooted 3times (holding the 2 wheels and breaks and also 2 times from the main screen.

I had this happen at a SC last week and moved to another stall, where it charged fine. May not be your car...

I had the same problem on Tuesday. Kept stopping randomly. Unfortunately, the chargers were mostly full, so I put up with it only as long as I needed to. I will be traveling tomorrow and will probably be hitting a Supercharger on the way home, so we'll see what happens.

I have had intermittent charging problems that have occurred since installing 2019.28.2 - had to try multiple SC stalls (that I had used successfully before) after getting repeated "unable to charge" messages. Finally did a reboot and moved to yet another stall before I could charge. At my home charging station it's behaving oddly: I got a couple of brief "unable to charge" flashed but did not stop the charging process. Now it seems the car starts charging but quickly throttles down the rate to 1 Mile per hour -- then gradually over 5-10 minutes increases it up to the normal rate.
2016 MS90D EAP