Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FW doors rubbing through paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have bumpstops rubbing all the way through the paint on their FW doors? It looks like it's already damaging the metal underneath on mine as well. Going to see what the SC says next time they pick it up.

Model X Falcon Wing door bumper damage

Yes, I am seeing something similar. I was thinking of putting little "circles" of Xpel film at these locations to protect the finish from further wear. The good news is that our Model X door frames are made of aluminum so we don't have to worry about rust starting here!

Tesla is working on a permanent fix. They are redesigning the trim piece on the door that is causing the issue. Until then there is no need to get it fixed/repainted as it will come right back.
The SC said today that they are still working on a fix for this. In the meantime I put paint protective film on both sides to cover the spot. So far the rubbed spot has only gone through the clear. If you catch it right away you might not even end up with that damage.

EA7D5DAD-4A92-4AC4-8F7E-15C81B21CF33.jpeg

It’s just on one side also... nothing on the drivers side!

Yes, I am seeing something similar. I was thinking of putting little "circles" of Xpel film at these locations to protect the finish from further wear. The good news is that our Model X door frames are made of aluminum so we don't have to worry about rust starting here!

I had my X completely wrapped with Suntek Ultra withing a couple weeks of delivery. I had two round pieces of film placed at the spots where I'd seen people complain about this. So far, no damage.

Reactions: EVTECH