TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FWD chrome trim popped off

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by pakman00, Apr 14, 2018.

1. pakman00

pakman00 Member

Anyone have the chrome window trim pop off on their falcon wing door? According to the wife, son rolled down the window to say bye to his friend and when he closed the window, the trim came along with it. Eventually it came off completely. I was able to pop it back on and it does feel pretty snug but is there any adhesive they need to use here? Window seems to be working OK and is not pushing the trim out again. Not sure if I need to take it to the SC.

temp_1523745763596.-211428586.jpeg temp_1523745745735.-1827536220.jpeg

• Informative x 1
  2. pkodali

pkodali Member

Haven't heard that one before. I would recommend asking your SC to replace the entire chrome trim piece with a new one with new adhesive. Inspect the paint and glass for any scratches as well

• Like x 1
  3. lloyds

lloyds Active Member

Get it replaced. That's something they should get fixed for you.

4. pakman00

pakman00 Member

thanks. SC was able to replace it.