Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD chrome trim popped off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have the chrome window trim pop off on their falcon wing door? According to the wife, son rolled down the window to say bye to his friend and when he closed the window, the trim came along with it. Eventually it came off completely. I was able to pop it back on and it does feel pretty snug but is there any adhesive they need to use here? Window seems to be working OK and is not pushing the trim out again. Not sure if I need to take it to the SC.

temp_1523745763596.-211428586.jpeg temp_1523745745735.-1827536220.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Anyone have the chrome window trim pop off on their falcon wing door? According to the wife, son rolled down the window to say bye to his friend and when he closed the window, the trim came along with it. Eventually it came off completely. I was able to pop it back on and it does feel pretty snug but is there any adhesive they need to use here? Window seems to be working OK and is not pushing the trim out again. Not sure if I need to take it to the SC.

View attachment 294306 View attachment 294307
Haven't heard that one before. I would recommend asking your SC to replace the entire chrome trim piece with a new one with new adhesive. Inspect the paint and glass for any scratches as well

Reactions: pakman00