Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone damaged their MX driving into GarageView attachment 370870 with a FWD open ?.. I had a senior moment. Really wish there was a toggle not to drive while doors open ! Any comment on repair time ? It did not damage the lower part of the door, hopefully the sensors are OK.. I wish there was a selectable toggle to no drive while doors open ?

Attachments

• IMG_0586.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_0586.JPG.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Helpful
Reactions: dogldogl
How do you guys manage to do that? The car beeps loud and there's a red big warning in the dash saying "DO NOT DRIVE!" if you enter D with a door open.

Anyway I do agree they should make it the same as if you try to drive without the frunk properly latched: A message on the screen that you need to confirm. Basically there are never reasons to do this unless a sensor is broken causing the car to think something is open.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and dogldogl
Anyway I do agree they should make it the same as if you try to drive without the frunk properly latched: A message on the screen that you need to confirm. ...

I agree with this proposal. I wish Tesla would enable an option to prevent shifting from park if the FWD aren't closed. The current audio & visual warnings are too passive & rapidly get lost amongst the noise for those who park regularly in very tight spaces/garages.

Reactions: VikH
Actually, what’s the point of even allowing the car to move when a door is open?

Broken sensors, faulty latches, emergencies etc. there are a few (safety / convenience) reasons you might (infrequently) need to shift to drive/reverse/neutral with a (FWD) door open.

None of which negate the benefit of providing the driver the option to disable this behavior by default, with (for example) a “pop-up” dialog to explicitly override, on-demand.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: rainforest