Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD not opening fully with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

outie

May 22, 2016
SoCal
Hi, ever since 8.0 it appears the FWDs reuse to open fully when parked in a parking space (somewhat tight but not crazy tight like the unveil) between 2 cars with a clear open sky. The car does sense obstacles on the sides since there are cars next to it, but nothing on top. I have to override it every time and it's getting annoying.

Like when Elon demonstrated the FWD during the Model x announcement, my doors would only open about 70-80% between the odyssey and Audi as a comparison.

Does anyone see something similar?

This is what I am referring to below. As you see there's more than enough room but just because there's a car close by (touchscreen showing object detected on both sides), it doesn't open fully.

Am I the only one with this issue?

IMG_0535.JPG

I have this same problem. Didn't have it before 8.0, although I did have some phantom objects detected back in the July software release. It was fixed then in August firmware.
Very annoying because I have to crawl under the left FWD to get into drivers door

Yes and that too. For example, if I didn't stop the FWD door manually, the FWD window would have hit the metal hook below. After 8.0, the door does stop itself correctly without hitting it.

View attachment 200364
This one turned out that I set the option to "Always fully open at this location". When it's set as such the doors are more sensitive and will open very conservatively. If I clear the geofence to open fully, it would attempt to open in umbrella mode inside the garage, and then the window will hit the metal hook sticking out (had to stop the door manually).