TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

FWD opening in garage

Discussion in 'Model X' started by AndyMX90, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AndyMX90

AndyMX90 Member

Just curious if anyone knows the right way to do this. The automatic seems really good, but a bit conservative in my garage. Is there a way to force it to open more/higher? I tried using the open switch inside, but it does nothing or beeps at me if I hold it. I could push it up a little bit by hand, but I don't want to stress the motor (or is this ok?). Ultimately it would be great if it opened about 4 inches more to make it easier to get a little one out.

2. bushburner

bushburner Member

Have you tried using the center screen?

3. AndyMX90

AndyMX90 Member

I thought of that, but if I'm telling it to go further than it thinks I should I want to be there to stop it just in case. It's still barely a week old :)

I've been using the key fob or the outside handle.

4. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

If you pull and hold the fwd button on the b-pillar, it will eventually over-ride the sensors and keep opening till full or till you let go.
    If you hold down the open button on the main console, the same will happen. You will even get a pop-up so that you can open the fwd completely from now on in this location.

• Informative x 1