Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD put a hole in my garage drywall after upgrading to V9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla service has always gone above and beyond for me. Not sure I would have asked them to fix the drywall.

Probably would have painted the ceiling, and done the repair at the same time.
I did not expect they would do that TBH.
I thought it was worth a shot, if they say No, I just fix it myself.
I am just glad that they agreed to fix it because of faulty sensors and because my MX is well within the warranty period (4 months old).

FWIW, I just noticed something similar with my X. Not 100% sure if this started happening right after the latest update but my passenger-side FWD hits the wall when opening. It does stop and the force is not strong enough to damage my wall. But I have since stopped opening it until I am out of my garage.

Should probably take it to SC to have them take a look.

FWIW, I just noticed something similar with my X. Not 100% sure if this started happening right after the latest update but my passenger-side FWD hits the wall when opening. It does stop and the force is not strong enough to damage my wall. But I have since stopped opening it until I am out of my garage.

Should probably take it to SC to have them take a look.
Absolutely. I'd say, schedule it right away and note down the time when this happened. The time helps them pull the logs for a specific window and confirm if the sensors are faulty.

UPDATE: Tesla service told me that the capacitive sensors in the doors malfunctioned and that they would be replacing those (I know...weird that sensors on both doors decided to malfunction at the same time).
Tesla went one step further and is taking care of my drywall repair too! Kudos to the Decatur service team for doing the right thing!

Glad to hear everything went well regarding Tesla service. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that, so much wasted time. Did you get a chance to ask why it malfunctioned just in case, you know.... it might malfunction again on the next update =P

Happy to hear they took care of you. Our X has been at a SC right now too for about a week due to some random FWD opening (while parked) and the car ‘powering off’ in the middle of driving. Initial assessment was that our FWD sensors were faulty causing the car do go into a preliminary fail safe. It’s been a week and the updates I’m receiving are not confirming this assessment so it’s a wait and see what they can figure out.

Happy to hear they took care of you. Our X has been at a SC right now too for about a week due to some random FWD opening (while parked) and the car ‘powering off’ in the middle of driving. Initial assessment was that our FWD sensors were faulty causing the car do go into a preliminary fail safe. It’s been a week and the updates I’m receiving are not confirming this assessment so it’s a wait and see what they can figure out.
Wow...the fwd opened randomly when the vehicle was parked and locked? That sounds scary. Hope you get it fixed soon.

I too have noticed FWDs on my Model X, after V9 update, behave differently. In a tight garage, they would previously open partially, but I could override and they would open fully without hitting the wall. They now open partially, with more outward operation than upwards. If I override, they will definitely hit the wall. Hoping Tesla fix this issue. I have raised a support incident with Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: ModlS3XY
I too have noticed FWDs on my Model X, after V9 update, behave differently. In a tight garage, they would previously open partially, but I could override and they would open fully without hitting the wall. They now open partially, with more outward operation than upwards. If I override, they will definitely hit the wall. Hoping Tesla fix this issue. I have raised a support incident with Tesla.

How do you override your FWDs?