Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD revisited: Worth it?

I own an X and I think the Falcon Wing Doors

• Are a pain in the butt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where's the selection for "Are not assessable by a self selecting enthusiast forum survey"?

;)

LOL. So we should never have polls on TMC because we can never do anything informally. We have to enlist the services of an expert polling agency if we want results.

BTW, 100% say excellent design choice. But, I guess we can't put any stock in that...

When the right FWD fails to close a week after spending a week at the service center, I could do without them.

I see the problem. The lower portion of the seals next to the body of the vehicle are flattened. The computer thinks something is in the way. When I squeeze the seal to it's normal rounder shape, the door will close in a single cycle. Once the seal is flattened again, the door needs multiple presses of the red button to close. What did take one button press, now it takes multiple button presses as the seals flatten more.

Perhaps there needs to be an adjustable bumper like on the rear hatch that stops the door yet keeps the seals in their original shape.

• Informative
Reactions: Coolcarx