Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD Stuck Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday when my son was opening the FWD it stopped about 6 inches open and wouldn't go up or down. Said obstacle detected. Now it's asking to recalibrate but when I do the door is offset and hitting the outside of the car. It appears the lower section of the door is not pivoting out as usual.

img_1312-jpeg.843719
IMG_1313.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1312.jpeg
    IMG_1312.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 165
I don't have an X, saw this on the current threads, but was curious.

Is there a way to manually close the door? You know, get it back to a reference starting point (it seems like it's actuating like it's supposed to be in a different opening state).

I'm sure some X owners will chime in, I've just always been fascinated by this particular design element of the MX :)

As far I can tell there is no way to manually close the door. I can move the door up and down but the second pivot point I believe is actuated by torque screws and not sure those can be overridden.

Tesla mobile is due out in about an hour and hope they can at least get the door closed so the car can be used while I wait for parts etc.