Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD Water issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there is a thread about this back in the day, but we have had our MX for almost a year now and this is the first time I opened the FWD in the rain. The water that piled up in the roof gushed inside the car, so the next time we had to open it, we have to have towels ready. Is this issue easily fixed? We have yet to call the SC but I want to know on how easily this can be fixed. Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: GayForEllon
I know there is a thread about this back in the day, but we have had our MX for almost a year now and this is the first time I opened the FWD in the rain. The water that piled up in the roof gushed inside the car, so the next time we had to open it, we have to have towels ready. Is this issue easily fixed? We have yet to call the SC but I want to know on how easily this can be fixed. Thanks!

Yeah, I have the same issue. The door seal creates a channel that moves water mostly to the rear of the door and then around and down. The top edge of the door seal on mine is crimped near the rear hinge on the FWD. Once the channel is full it just spills out over the seal and onto the seat. That's my case anyway.

Put a bunch of blankets on the back seats, get the water hose out and start loading the roof with water. Keep opening the doors and loading it up water and you'll find the point of failure.

I've been waiting for some time now on the replacement door seal, 3 weeks. I did speak with the SC today and, "Due to supply constraints they are unable to provide any ETA". Once it's in they said it's a 1 day turn around. Only tricky thing is the entire door seal is once piece so they can't just fix one area, the whole thing gets taken off and replaced. Hope this helps and let us know how it goes on your end.

Yeah, I have the same issue. The door seal creates a channel that moves water mostly to the rear of the door and then around and down. The top edge of the door seal on mine is crimped near the rear hinge on the FWD. Once the channel is full it just spills out over the seal and onto the seat. That's my case anyway.

Put a bunch of blankets on the back seats, get the water hose out and start loading the roof with water. Keep opening the doors and loading it up water and you'll find the point of failure.

I've been waiting for some time now on the replacement door seal, 3 weeks. I did speak with the SC today and, "Due to supply constraints they are unable to provide any ETA". Once it's in they said it's a 1 day turn around. Only tricky thing is the entire door seal is once piece so they can't just fix one area, the whole thing gets taken off and replaced. Hope this helps and let us know how it goes on your end.

The FWD does not get opened in a regular basis as its the 2 of us and the dogs gets to be in the back. So 3 week wait isn't really as bad. But we will call soon and see how long will our wait be. LOL.