TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

FWDs lately openning 85%percent not 100

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vv132, Aug 3, 2016.

1. vv132

vv132 Member

Hey so lately we've been finding our FWD's opening at 85% open instead of the full 100%. 1-2 Months ago this would not happen as much. Yes I understand you can go to the controls screen and save location to open fully or manually hold the switch. But if the car is outside and there is nothing around the doors shouldn't they open 100%. Its kind of inconvenient when trying to show off the car to friends:).

We also found when it was raining this past weekend both FWD doors would not close. They stopped at 75% close and gave the message their was an obstacle/object. There was definitely nothing around the doors outside. Anyone else find this to be happening?

Anyone else experience these issues lately?

Thanks

2. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Yep. Ours started doing that after a recent software update. I have to hold down the interior button after it opens, or use the touchscreen to open it all the way.

3. vangogh

vangogh Member

Sounds like induction sesnors or their placement/connection...SC should be able to fix in a jiff...

4. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Ugg, just got mine back last week & they messed with the induction sensors for other problems I was having. I just figured it was a software change for some reason, but I guess I'll add it to the SC list.

5. ediot

ediot Member

would it be a possibility that tesla has determined 85% opening to be sufficiently comfortable for getting in/out, hence soft setting it to that point could help avoid potentially damaging the doors? kinda like how for the majority of the time you get in/out of a car with conventional doors, you don't open it alllllllll the way either. but when the need arises, you can.

just a thought.

6. joebob73

joebob73 Member

My X started doing this after a firmware update as well. Funny thing is, it's occurred in my garage twice and that's where I have it set to always open based on geolocation. I know the care is aware of this since it says on the screen that it is set to open fully in my garage.

7. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

I noticed this too. Roughly 50+% of the time it opens partially.

I also noticed that the doors stop closing all the way on some occasions

8. ediot

ediot Member

that sounds more like a bug....

9. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

I had this problem about 1/3 of the time and the SC adjusted/reinstalled the induction sensors. Seems to be working well since then (~2 weeks ago).

10. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

It is into the sc now. We'll see how they are when I get it back after we are back in town.

11. vv132

vv132 Member

yea its even more frustrating when the doors the even close lately. They are like 75% closed.

12. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

On the setting menu for the FWD the FWD use to have two setting, 3/4 open and fully open. Because I have a 12 foot tall garage I always left mine at the fully open position. At some point over the last month the full option has been removed from the screen. Did Tesla ever publish in the release notes their intent to change this option?

13. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

Seems like the software update messed with something that wasn't broken. Just like PC's! Ugg. Is there anyway to turn off auto updates?