Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWDs lately openning 85%percent not 100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey so lately we've been finding our FWD's opening at 85% open instead of the full 100%. 1-2 Months ago this would not happen as much. Yes I understand you can go to the controls screen and save location to open fully or manually hold the switch. But if the car is outside and there is nothing around the doors shouldn't they open 100%. Its kind of inconvenient when trying to show off the car to friends:).

We also found when it was raining this past weekend both FWD doors would not close. They stopped at 75% close and gave the message their was an obstacle/object. There was definitely nothing around the doors outside. Anyone else find this to be happening?

Anyone else experience these issues lately?

Thanks

would it be a possibility that tesla has determined 85% opening to be sufficiently comfortable for getting in/out, hence soft setting it to that point could help avoid potentially damaging the doors? kinda like how for the majority of the time you get in/out of a car with conventional doors, you don't open it alllllllll the way either. but when the need arises, you can.

just a thought.

My X started doing this after a firmware update as well. Funny thing is, it's occurred in my garage twice and that's where I have it set to always open based on geolocation. I know the care is aware of this since it says on the screen that it is set to open fully in my garage.

On the setting menu for the FWD the FWD use to have two setting, 3/4 open and fully open. Because I have a 12 foot tall garage I always left mine at the fully open position. At some point over the last month the full option has been removed from the screen. Did Tesla ever publish in the release notes their intent to change this option?