Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI - 2015 70D, low miles (not mine)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I chatted this guy up when he was asking mid-$70s. Car seemed in good shape but didn't have Ultra Hi Fi, which is a must for me. He has it listed as a 70 but it appears to be a 70D. He asked me what I thought was a fair price and I told him to go to carmax and then add 5-10% and it would put him likely in the mid-50s. What do you know - he dropped it to $57.8

Again, not my car and I don't vouch for the guy at all so be sure to do your diligence. But if its what he says it is, it NOW seems like its closer to a fair deal if it meets your specs.

Cars for Sale: Used 2015 Tesla Model S for sale in Houston, TX 77032: Sedan Details - 457652084 - Autotrader

The interior dash photo is a seriously outdated software version. Either the seller is using stock photos or the car is not receiving software updates for some reason.

Executive rear seats are a deal maker/breaker for many.

Is autopilot enabled?

It’s not my car and I have no connection to seller. Posted only as a PSA.

As I said, do your diligence — lots of scammers out there and I’ve talked to many of them. This guy raised no red flags (overseas, recently divorced, car boxed for shipping, Nigerian Prince, etc.). But be sure to ask all the right questions.

Thats funny, I know exactly where that car is sitting in every one of those pictures, I used to live on that side of town. As far as the software being outdated, the pictures were taken when the car had 53 miles on it. Believe it or not there are people who take pictures of a car when they get it, then never again. If the car has been taken care of you won't even know the difference in a picture anyway.

If there is someone seriously interested I might be able to go look at it for them. I'm on the opposite side of town now so it's about 1 hour each way but I'll do what I can.

• Helpful
Reactions: JPUConn
Like I said, I don't vouch for the guy. But he seemed okay and pretty responsive - albeit not very knowledgeable about his own car. Given some of the crazy-high ask prices I've seen, its worth checking out if it meets your specs.

And not to keep peppering the thread - but I think mid-50s is a realistic price for this car. As I've noted before the used Tesla market is kind of screwy compared to any other make. Never have I seen such a spread between trade-in numbers ( from Tesla) and/or CarMax offers on the one hand and private party asks on the other hand. Based on a limited data set, Tesla and CarMax are offering 20-30% less than the typical private ask. As to whether the private sellers are getting anywhere near the big ask numbers is an open question.