Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI - DCU is not locking in rates based on application date anymore :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm an over 10 year member of DCU. I accepted a pre-approved loan in my online banking a few weeks ago when rates were 1.49% (1.24% with the discount for EV) and called to close the loan because I have my VIN today and they aren't honoring that rate from when I applied.

Further they're being super picky about the MVPA because it doesn't have my sales tax calculated on it so they're saying it's not a complete document. I've closed on two other Teslas and a dozen other cars with DCU and they've never been like this so heads up YMMV.

I'm an over 10 year member of DCU. I accepted a pre-approved loan in my online banking a few weeks ago when rates were 1.49% (1.24% with the discount for EV) and called to close the loan because I have my VIN today and they aren't honoring that rate from when I applied.

Further they're being super picky about the MVPA because it doesn't have my sales tax calculated on it so they're saying it's not a complete document. I've closed on two other Teslas and a dozen other cars with DCU and they've never been like this so heads up YMMV.
My MVPA did not have sales tax either (purchased the car in OH, no tesla dealer in KY). They said the would lend up to 130% of the MVPA value when I closed on my loan in February. My MVPA showed a total of $65k, I was able to get $70k to cover registration and sales tax.

My MVPA did not have sales tax either (purchased the car in OH, no tesla dealer in KY). They said the would lend up to 130% of the MVPA value when I closed on my loan in February. My MVPA showed a total of $65k, I was able to get $70k to cover registration and sales tax.

Was your MVPA just one page with the VIN and odometer and the price? They said it should be an 8 page document.

I am going to remind people to not post anything about DCU referrals etc. I realize that is not what this thread is about, but almost any thread about DCU eventually turns into people posting in it "someone give me a referral code" etc. TMC does not allow referral threads, and specific to DCU because of the rampant referral code posts and exploitation that used to go on about rate matching, is particularly sensitive to this one.

I am pre warning that I will be temp banning anyone who posts that or anything that looks like offering referrals for DCU as well.

Again, I realize that is not what this thread is about, which is why its still here, actually. I am just pre warning people as I said, because of how any discussion of DCU goes.

Reactions: zachd and Corndart
I
I am going to remind people to not post anything about DCU referrals etc. I realize that is not what this thread is about, but almost any thread about DCU eventually turns into people posting in it "someone give me a referral code" etc. TMC does not allow referral threads, and specific to DCU because of the rampant referral code posts and exploitation that used to go on about rate matching, is particularly sensitive to this one.

I am pre warning that I will be temp banning anyone who posts that or anything that looks like offering referrals for DCU as well.

Again, I realize that is not what this thread is about, which is why its still here, actually. I am just pre warning people as I said, because of how any discussion of DCU goes.
Im pretty sure referrals are gone now.

Reactions: preilly44
1.99 with relationship and EV discount.
1.74% with direct deposit + EV discount for 65 month term.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 1.11.54 PM.png

Reactions: preilly44

At the end of the day, DCU's referral system is discontinued, so anyone asking for a referral is uninformed and wasting their time. That being said, why are the mods such sticklers for referral prohibition? I understand people were spamming the board about it, so why not just limit it to one or two threads on the topic? Having a multitude of duplicate threads is superfluous and would benefit from mod intervention, but to prohibit the topic entirely seems excessive.