Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI: Jeda teaming with Munro and Associates on their Y USB hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received the following email concerning my order for the Jeda MY USB hub:

"As many of you may know, our Model Y hubs were postponed for a period due to technical botlenecks our team was working through. We're happy to say that we have worked through many of the issues we had with the Model Y ports. Why was the Model Y more difficult? The internal engineering and power distribution/delivery, was completely different from the Model 3, and exhibited very unique behavior with the USB C ports. As such, as we had to work on new PCB boards and electronics, and test countless board after another to create a perfect working hub.

We realized we could not do this alone. So, one big thing we have done since our last email update is we have enlisted the help of Munro and Associates to get all the specs necessary for the Model Y Hub. What does this do? it provides the blueprint we need to provide the best hub possible. This is exciting news, and great news too - because we're not simply chancing anything, we're working on a technically sound, safe, and reliable product which we KNOW will work because we designed it around the internals.

We don't want to provide ETA"s and miss the mark, as we've already done that. We will be finalizing the last few tests we need to complete this week, and then will be able to provide concrete ETA's in our next email.

We are offering cancellations, and are happy to cancel should you not want to wait. You are welcome to reorder when our ship dates are finalized in our next email. We know that any product made for this purpose for the Model Y and new Model 3 will require the same vigilent testing (since the internal eletronics are vastly different), and we feel confident we are the only ones that will be able to provide a safe, tested, and proven USB Hub in the upcoming month.

Our products are tested for safety, efficient power delivery, and overall performance. We will not compromise on ensuring we deliver a product which meets those standards.

Thank you for your patience with us and our team, and please reach out anytime about your order."

I don't mind waiting for it.

Reactions: DavidAsheville
So glad I cancelled, yet another delay. I ordered the day they announced it and cancelled early June and just like their product...I haven’t received my refund yet either! And yesterday my wireless pad on my 3 stopped working. This company needs to get it together

So glad I cancelled, yet another delay. I ordered the day they announced it and cancelled early June and just like their product...I haven’t received my refund yet either! And yesterday my wireless pad on my 3 stopped working. This company needs to get it together

A bit harsh given it's not a simple port splitter and requires some reverse engineering, I would expect that to take some time. Why not just contact your credit card company and reverse the charge?

A bit harsh given it's not a simple port splitter and requires some reverse engineering, I would expect that to take some time. Why not just contact your credit card company and reverse the charge?

Naw I defended these jokers last year when they pull the same "shipping next month we swear" when I was waiting on my pad/hub for my Model 3. I gave them 3 months to get it together for the Model Y, it'd be one thing if they didn't charge upfront but they do. I didn't realize that I hadn't received my refund until I posted on the thread this morning, I sent them an email requesting status on that then went for a drive and now my wireless pad in my Model 3 stopped working... another email to be sent off to them.

I think I'll just buy the wireless pad from Tesla as it works and the one in our new Model Y works like a charm, I thought I'd use landscape mode from Jeda more often but I haven't used it at all. The hub for the Model 3 seems to work well btw. Good luck to you guys waiting, I hope they figure it out but I won't be buying another product from them.

I think it’s pretty deceptive that no where on their site do they say they’re not shipping. They make it seem as if it’s already in production and ready for ordering and shipping. If it wasn’t for this forum I wouldn’t even know there was a delay and would just been waiting while they’ve already taken my money.

I ordered on 5/22. Got the email about the “upgrade” with a shipping date on or before 6/19. Still nothing as of today so I emailed again. If I don’t have a tracking number by next week that charge is getting disputed.

I tried doing the “right thing” by supporting the original after a bad experience with Tapates, but I’m starting to think a wireless pad just isn’t in the cards for me.

After emailing them again on July 2, I finally got an email back on July 7 stating the item would be shipping that day or the next. On July 9 I got a tracking number from fedex but no item was ever shipped. As of today the tracking number expired.

I emailed them today and told them to cancel the order and have disputed the charge. Too bad because I was looking forward to this item but I’m not going to play around and go 90 days after my order with nothing to show for it.

correction to my post above; I actually ordered on 5/3. I didn’t hear anything from them until 5/22.

This was the hub I wanted for my new MY, so what are my options?

Currently, I bought a Samsung T7 that I will partition to facilitate the TeslaCam and my iTunes music library. Since that setup (while not tidy) will serve two functions and still leave one USB-C port open for other stuff, and with the wireless phone charging pad maybe we don't need these hub's any longer.

After emailing them again on July 2, I finally got an email back on July 7 stating the item would be shipping that day or the next. On July 9 I got a tracking number from fedex but no item was ever shipped. As of today the tracking number expired.

I emailed them today and told them to cancel the order and have disputed the charge. Too bad because I was looking forward to this item but I’m not going to play around and go 90 days after my order with nothing to show for it.

correction to my post above; I actually ordered on 5/3. I didn’t hear anything from them until 5/22.

This has been my EXACT SAME experience with Jeda! I have ordered both the wireless charging pad and the usb hub. I've been getting the runaround for weeks from them. I received an email from them last Thursday that the wireless pad was shipping and I even received a FedEx tracking number. However, the tracking number says that they've only printed a label and they can provide me with no expected arrival date. I've emailed them about 4 different times explaining this and they keep telling me that it shipped Friday and until it arrives at a sorting center it won't give me any updates. I am located about 2 hours from there in SoCal so it is impossible that if the product shipped last Friday that it wouldn't have arrived by now.

Anyone on the fence about Jeda vs Taptes, please heed my warning! Do not make the same mistake that I and others have made. Jeda is an absolute joke of a company, has poor communication and is not truthful in dealing with service issues. I would avoid them like the plague and give Taptes a chance. I'm ready to dispute the charges on my credit card at this point and just move on.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: jdr93 and brkaus
I'm hanging in there for the Jeda hub. I know it takes some time to reverse engineer the changes behind the ports in the Y and I suspect the Covid-19 stuff isn't helping. I don't mind waiting, it's not like it's a lot of money on the line. In my astronomy hobby I waited 20 years for a telescope from Astro-Physics so a few months for a well engineered hub is nothing.

But I do understand the frustration, the company should be more transparent about when it will be available, although they did say, "We don't want to provide ETA"s and miss the mark, as we've already done that. "