Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI: Rapid Turn Signal blinking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an FYI. I noticed today that my turn signal lights are blinking at a double rate. The IPC graphic for the car also indicated that the signals were blinking at an accelerated rate. The lane change turn signal operation (soft press on the stalk) only sounded twice before stopping rather than the standard three. Upon physical examination of the lights, I observed that the passenger front fog light turn indicator was not operating and all other turn indicators were blinking at a double rate. Hazard lights blinked at a normal rate, but the same passenger side indicator would not light. The same passenger side fog light also does not turn on.

I've called Tesla service and they'll come pick up the car to be flat bedded down to my local (180 mi away) service center for a replacement. I'll poke at it myself later tonight because it sounds like a loose harness if the whole unit isn't working. Good news is they have the part in stock so I'll get my car back early next week. Bad news is they don't currently have any loaners available in my state.

Here's an FYI. I noticed today that my turn signal lights are blinking at a double rate. The IPC graphic for the car also indicated that the signals were blinking at an accelerated rate. The lane change turn signal operation (soft press on the stalk) only sounded twice before stopping rather than the standard three. Upon physical examination of the lights, I observed that the passenger front fog light turn indicator was not operating and all other turn indicators were blinking at a double rate. Hazard lights blinked at a normal rate, but the same passenger side indicator would not light. The same passenger side fog light also does not turn on.

I've called Tesla service and they'll come pick up the car to be flat bedded down to my local (180 mi away) service center for a replacement. I'll poke at it myself later tonight because it sounds like a loose harness if the whole unit isn't working. Good news is they have the part in stock so I'll get my car back early next week. Bad news is they don't currently have any loaners available in my state.

Believe I have the same issue and will be raising it. Appointment already on books for winter tires. Interested to hear any updates on your situation. Best of luck.

Did they say what the issue was? I didn't see any condensation in the lamp itself and the harness seemed well connected. I removed one of the press connectors in the wheel well to get my hand up in there. I got the fog and turn indicator to work sporadically, but nothing repeatable. Did you grab a part number of the bad light pods?

My left one went out a couple of weeks ago and they replaced both. Last week the right one went. SC replaced it today with a "new version" that is supposed to solve the problem. They have ordered the left one as a proactive replacement. The replacement today took less than 30 minutes and I was in and out. Hate the problems, but love the service at Paramus.

Did they say what the issue was? I didn't see any condensation in the lamp itself and the harness seemed well connected. I removed one of the press connectors in the wheel well to get my hand up in there. I got the fog and turn indicator to work sporadically, but nothing repeatable. Did you grab a part number of the bad light pods?
They said that they disconnected the lamp assembly, reconnected it and it worked for 30 seconds then failed. My understanding is that there is intelligence in the lamp assembly with firmware and that it must be in sync with the car firmware. The feeling I got from talking with the SC is that the older units failed often, but that a new revision is out that hasn't failed.

Latest part nos are:
LAMP ASY, FRT TURN/FOG, SAE UP-LEVEL, LH (1034326-00-A)
LAMP ASY, FRT TURN/FOG, ECE UP-LEVEL, LH (1034330-00-A)

• Informative
Reactions: Dazureus
Yeah, the fog light assembly is integrated with the turn signal. Seems like they either have to remove the front bumper to replace or remove the wheel well and tire to access and replace. Both my fog lamp and turn signal went out at the same time.

Mine is going 150 miles by flatbed to the SC Wednesday for the third replacement of the left lower front lamb assembly, second replacement on the right side still working. I was told that since there is firmware in the assembly the need to replace the entire unit when the turn signal is inoperative.

I had this problem too (since I got the car (X 90D) two months ago). Front left signal was dead and others blinked at double speed.

I had scheduled a visit to SC the next week, but yesterday I got the new firmware 2.44.121. The problem went away and all indicators are now OK.