Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI: Rear Window Replacement Cost - $1,200

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that bad. I'm guessing that price due to the defroster. From other reports here, this is what I found in the last two years for glass replacement prices on the Model Y in USD.

$1,700 roof
$1,200 rear glass
$500 side windows (each)

Just happened to me too. I picked up my car from the body shop where it's been for a month. When I got home I discovered a crack was forming on the back glass. Since Friday, it's been running and has tripled in size. I'm sure the body shop has insurance, but I fear they may try to duck responsibility. I imagine State Farm will have an issue with that if they do and I'm just going to let them duke it out. Hopefully this isn't a prolonged process... :(

WHPSxxPkrc9HaoN0ANemIjbnRqE3BL

Last edited:
Just happened to my Models S. I picked up my car from the body shop where it's been for a month. When I got home I discovered a crack was forming on the back glass. Since Friday, it's been running and has tripled in size. I'm sure the body shop has insurance, but I fear they may try to duck responsibility. I imagine State Farm will have an issue with that if they do and I'm just going to let them duke it out. Hopefully this isn't a prolonged process...

WHPSxxPkrc9HaoN0ANemIjbnRqE3BL

So the body shop ordered me a new glass. To their credit they got on this immediately and apologized for the mishap and sent me a copy of the order invoice. It would appear they get a much better deal than we do. ;)

Tesla Glass.jpg