Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI Tesla/Wawanesa labor rate issue on repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI-Be Aware
Small parking lot fender bender(replace whole hatch of course), Wawanesa inspected and Tesla called (after i already made appt and they sent check) to say they wont confirm appt unless Wawanesa or myself pays their higher rates(Had bad rear-end last year and they did approve but looking at those rates they are even higher now).
Will keep updated on what happens

FYI-Be Aware
Small parking lot fender bender(replace whole hatch of course), Wawanesa inspected and Tesla called (after i already made appt and they sent check) to say they wont confirm appt unless Wawanesa or myself pays their higher rates(Had bad rear-end last year and they did approve but looking at those rates they are even higher now).
Will keep updated on what happens
So, if I'm understanding your post correctly, because you have Wawanesa Insurance, the Tesla Service Center is asking you/Wawanesa to pay a higher rate for repairs????
Reason, I want to be clear on this, is because I also have Wawanesa. I have been tossing around the idea of just going thru Tesla Insurance for various reasons, this is one of them

So, if I'm understanding your post correctly, because you have Wawanesa Insurance, the Tesla Service Center is asking you/Wawanesa to pay a higher rate for repairs????
Reason, I want to be clear on this, is because I also have Wawanesa. I have been tossing around the idea of just going thru Tesla Insurance for various reasons, this is one of them
Tesla charges X for Labor. Wawanesa doesn't want to pay X. Tesla will not let you confirm appointment for repair without first Wawanesa agreeing to higher rate, or you paying the difference.

I think it is more like: Wawanesa estimated what they think it should cost to repair and wrote a check for that. Tesla is saying that it will cost more than that, so you need to confirm that someone is going to pay the amount that Tesla says it will cost or they won't start working on the car.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: whisperingshad
1652133134181.png

@whisperingshad I see you disagreed with my post, can you clarify what I got wrong? You said:

Wawanesa inspected and Tesla called (after i already made appt and they sent check)

So Wawanesa inspected the vehicle, came up with an estimate, and sent you a check for the amount that they estimated, correct? That estimate did not come from Tesla.

Or are you saying you have an estimate from Tesla, that Tesla is now telling you they won't honor?

It is very common for insurance companies to estimate repairs and low-ball the labor rates, hoping you will then pick a cut-rate shop that will honor those rates. Tesla is under no obligation to lower their rates to what Wawanesa thinks that Tesla should charge.

The NEGOTIATED rate last year was 66. My problem is this *sugar* should be set, not on the consumer to worry about and used as a pawn for either company.

Is Wawanesa your insurance, or the insurance of somebody that hit your car? If it is your insurance, then you are paying them for a service, and they are failing to provide you the service that you are paying for. In which case, maybe you need to find a better insurance company. (Which doesn't need to be Tesla Insurance.) If Wawanesa is the insurance of someone that hit you, you can use your insurance to deal with this issue. (That is what you pay them for after all.)

This is about cut-rate insurance companies trying to control costs and using their customers as pawns.

This entire thread is simply bonkers. How in Any way this is a Tesla issue/complaint is mind boggling. They offer a service that has a defined rate. If your back woods insurance wants to negotiate what they think is fair is there issue. Lol. Call them and say I think $xxx amount is what you think your annual insurance premium should be. See how fast they hang up on you. Service rates and labor have gone up in most Every sector, mine included. Too funny that this is somehow a Tesla issue.