Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI Tesla/Wawanesa labor rate issue on repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Wawanesa your insurance, or the insurance of somebody that hit your car? If it is your insurance, then you are paying them for a service, and they are failing to provide you the service that you are paying for. In which case, maybe you need to find a better insurance company. (Which doesn't need to be Tesla Insurance.) If Wawanesa is the insurance of someone that hit you, you can use your insurance to deal with this issue. (That is what you pay them for after all.)

This is about cut-rate insurance companies trying to control costs and using their customers as pawns.
HAHA actually BOTH Tesla AND the Insurance company actually. Don't be a blind fanboy :)

This entire thread is simply bonkers. How in Any way this is a Tesla issue/complaint is mind boggling. They offer a service that has a defined rate. If your back woods insurance wants to negotiate what they think is fair is there issue. Lol. Call them and say I think $xxx amount is what you think your annual insurance premium should be. See how fast they hang up on you. Service rates and labor have gone up in most Every sector, mine included. Too funny that this is somehow a Tesla issue.
Its been an issue with Tesla and Insurances(at least in Commiefornia) for several years

This entire thread is simply bonkers. How in Any way this is a Tesla issue/complaint is mind boggling. They offer a service that has a defined rate. If your back woods insurance wants to negotiate what they think is fair is there issue. Lol. Call them and say I think $xxx amount is what you think your annual insurance premium should be. See how fast they hang up on you. Service rates and labor have gone up in most Every sector, mine included. Too funny that this is somehow a Tesla issue.
It really isn't a Tesla issue at all, after looking over the whole issue at hand, Tesla SC offers a cut rate.....$82-$56 is a deal.
Also, if the check doesn't cover the full amount, maybe consider your deductible! $250/$500$1000
BTW, Wawanesa is not a backwoods insurance company. California/Oregon only and the best rates and quickest turnaround on payment for repairs.....Except in this case🤷‍♂️

HAHA actually BOTH Tesla AND the Insurance company actually. Don't be a blind fanboy :)
I had Geico try to pull this on me when they were covering someone that rear ended me. They had me come in for an estimate and asked where I wanted to get it repaired. After half an hour they came out with the estimate, a check for that amount, and a "labor rate waiver" that I would have to sign saying that I would pay the difference between what they say the labor should be and what the shop I wanted to use charged. I refused to sign the waiver, tore up their check, and started to call a tow company to take the car to my preferred shop. They stopped me and went back in their office, and came back 30 minutes later saying that the car is now totaled and offered me a reasonable offer for the car. The damage wasn't really that bad so I bought the car back from them and had a "cut-rate" shop repair it for 20% of the price they paid me, and drove a "reconstructed" car for a few years. (The remaining 80% went toward buying my Tesla.)

Some body shops negotiate labor rates, just like car dealers negotiate on price when you buy a new car. For the most part Tesla doesn't play those reindeer games, the price they set is the price you pay. (Though I have heard that they will sometimes negotiate body repair rates.)

Reactions: whisperingshad
It really isn't a Tesla issue at all, after looking over the whole issue at hand, Tesla SC offers a cut rate.....$82-$56 is a deal.
Also, if the check doesn't cover the full amount, maybe consider your deductible! $250/$500$1000
BTW, Wawanesa is not a backwoods insurance company. California/Oregon only and the best rates and quickest turnaround on payment for repairs.....Except in this case🤷‍♂️
Think that was my entire point. This is Not a Tesla issue.

Reactions: mservoss
So what happened? I’m having the same issue right now. Tesla needs something in writing from wawanesa stating they they will pay their rates. I’m in the waiting game now
Did you chose the oem option from Wawa? Iirc there's an option in the policy where you pay a few bucks more per month and Wawanesa will pay for the oem parts instead of the cheaper non-oem parts, etc etc.

So what happened? I’m having the same issue right now. Tesla needs something in writing from wawanesa stating they they will pay their rates. I’m in the waiting game now
Wawanesa wouldnt match and Tesla wouldnt budge...so I went with someone else....Funny this is the difference was 450 bucks...well after all said and done the other place charged wawanesa like 1500 more LOL

Seems to me, it's another Tesla tactic of buy there insurance or be charged a higher rate if you use your standard insurance (AAA, State Farm, Farmers, Wawanesa etc...) and pay the difference!!
unlike good insurance company's Wawanesa has alot of rules to their contract, such as labor rates, your full coverage 100kover 300k or 50k over 100k full coverage drops to state min if someone not listed drives, or if you drive in another state drops to state min etc

you wouldnt have this problem with AAA or Allstate

• Funny
Reactions: whisperingshad