Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI Your (And my) Model S can do this...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading to the beach next week and taking our bikes. I was very surprised at how easy it was to get two bikes in the back with room to spare! I did not want to hurt the range drastically with an exterior rack.

Attachments

• IMG_8586.JPG
    IMG_8586.JPG
    504.7 KB · Views: 149
Heading to the beach next week and taking our bikes. I was very surprised at how easy it was to get two bikes in the back with room to spare! I did not want to hurt the range drastically with an exterior rack.
Yes, I've done this as well. The key is to have the two bikes facing opposite sides. Doesn't leave much room for a whole lot of other racing gear, helmets, shoes, trainer, extra wheels, bottles, food, change of clothes, etc., but it can be done. I was able to break down the other gear into several smaller bags and place them strategically around and between the bikes and wheels to prevent any excessive contact during travel. On the last trip forgot completely about the frunk, and only on the return trip ended up putting all the used bike clothes in there....:)

Yes, I've done this as well. The key is to have the two bikes facing opposite sides. Doesn't leave much room for a whole lot of other racing gear, helmets, shoes, trainer, extra wheels, bottles, food, change of clothes, etc., but it can be done. I was able to break down the other gear into several smaller bags and place them strategically around and between the bikes and wheels to prevent any excessive contact during travel. On the last trip forgot completely about the frunk, and only on the return trip ended up putting all the used bike clothes in there....:)

That's awesome! I'm planning on putting some extra padding under where the pedal would dig into the floor. Definitely going to put things around them to make sure they don't damage any of the interior. It is very handy to have the frunk and the lower trunk compartment as well!