Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped at the Port Orange Supercharging station yesterday and met a couple of the sales guys from the Orlando Tesla Center. They seemed VERY confident that we'd see a couple of new supercharging spots added VERY soon - the Orlando and Ocala area. Obviously they couldn't confirm anything, but their confidence made me believe it's going to happen before football season (meaning in the next month or so).

From where did you hear this? Do you have any details, like building permit information?
Well Gainesville is listed as coming soon on the supercharger map but a local popular food blogger (Ken eats Gainesville) is in contacts with the group developing Butler Plaza and he mentioned a rumored supercharger which doesn't seem like much of a rumor when it's coming from the shopping center developers. Here's his post from his facebook page:

"BREAKING NEWS: Whole Foods Market at Butler Town Center has announced an opening date of May 9th. Doors will open at 9 AM with some special giveaways. The store will be 40,000 square feet and feature create-your-own acai bowls, fresh made sushi/pizza/sandwiches, and also feature Amazon lockers for quick pick up and returns. Rumor has it there will be Tesla supercharging stations installed as well."

Well Gainesville is listed as coming soon on the supercharger map but a local popular food blogger (Ken eats Gainesville) is in contacts with the group developing Butler Plaza and he mentioned a rumored supercharger which doesn't seem like much of a rumor when it's coming from the shopping center developers. Here's his post from his facebook page:

"BREAKING NEWS: Whole Foods Market at Butler Town Center has announced an opening date of May 9th. Doors will open at 9 AM with some special giveaways. The store will be 40,000 square feet and feature create-your-own acai bowls, fresh made sushi/pizza/sandwiches, and also feature Amazon lockers for quick pick up and returns. Rumor has it there will be Tesla supercharging stations installed as well."

I have contacted mall management to try to confirm. I will post here if I get a response.

• Informative
Reactions: jelloslug
I have contacted mall management to try to confirm. I will post here if I get a response.

I received a response this morning:

While we can’t confirm the details, we are working with a charging station company to install stations at Butler since it is right off the busiest interstate exit in Gainesville—we too feel it’s a great fit! We can confirm however that Whole Foods has added car charging stations to their parking lot—which will charge any brand of car (technically—but maybe slow for Teslas).

We will be releasing all the details soon once the arrangement is fully finalized.

It doesn't sound too promising, although it might be worth keeping an eye on.

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
I had a Facebook messenger exchange with Butler management. In response to my inquiry about the number of chargers at Whole Foods, their response was:

Shop at Butler Whole Foods has installed two electric car charging stations, and more announcements to come!

I believe that the "more announcements to come!" remark is likely to be an announcement about the Superchargers. It is Tesla's practice to ask their host locations not to reveal or confirm Supercharger locations until the installation is operational. So we shouldn't be unduly disappointed if the Butler folks couldn't expressly state that a Supercharger Station is coming. The fact that they consistently state that there are more announcements or more details coming, to me is a very good sign.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq