Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Galaxy Flip Z3 and Z4 phone charging. Old school problem and idea.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently upgraded my phone to a Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 and encountered a problem using my aftermarket charging holder in my 2019 Model 3. These flip phones have their charging coil placed on one side of the flip panels which makes it too low or too high to align with the charger's coil. I disassembled my cheap charger (I don't even know what brand it is) in hopes of moving the left side charging coil but discovered it was molded in place. This disassembly did allow me to make some measurements for its exact location though.

After some thought and reading about others who were using spacers to adjust the position of the phone on the charger, I decided to make one. What I came up with goes a little bit farther than what I have seen on the web so I thought it might benefit others to share it. It is a simple design that allows the phone to charge in both the folded and unfolded mode. This is just a wooden block painted black.
cellblock_1.jpg
cellblock_2.jpg
cellblock_3.jpg
The block measures 3/4" thick x 1-7/16" tall x 3" wide. The slot in the center is 5/16" wide x 1/4" deep. The hole is drilled through the block to allow me to see the charging indicator light. It may not be needed on some chargers. On mine the hole center is about 9/16" from the edge.

For charging when folded place the block on one side of your charger and set the phone above it. For charging unfolded, place the block so that the slot straddles the center ridge and lay the phone across the charger in a horizontal position. You may want to lay a pencil or pen under the one end of the phone which rocks it down close to the charger pad on the end nearest you.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hank42