Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Galaxy phones text message issues M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had 3 Galaxy phones, the latest is a S21. All phones have the same issue.

1. When in group text and you respond to someone it sends the message to only that individual, which is really confusing! Is there a way to fix that?

2. Next, with every phone, my M3 randomly alerts me about a text message that is months old. It only does this from contacts in my phone and there are about 5-10 people it selects from. It is reading OLD messages, not even the last message, or last 10. This is really confusing and makes my job extremally difficult. It got a lot worse with my new phone. I went into my phone and selected mark all messages as read and that made no difference. This also happened with 2 old Galaxy S8 phones.

Reactions: Afptkeith
I have had 3 Galaxy phones, the latest is a S21. All phones have the same issue.

1. When in group text and you respond to someone it sends the message to only that individual, which is really confusing! Is there a way to fix that?

2. Next, with every phone, my M3 randomly alerts me about a text message that is months old. It only does this from contacts in my phone and there are about 5-10 people it selects from. It is reading OLD messages, not even the last message, or last 10. This is really confusing and makes my job extremally difficult. It got a lot worse with my new phone. I went into my phone and selected mark all messages as read and that made no difference. This also happened with 2 old Galaxy S8 phones.

As @EVRider-FL mentions, I am fairly sure that group texts are not supported (or at least they were not previously). I have also seen other reports of old text messages being resurrected, but do not remember if anyone determined the cause.

I experience both issues with a Samsung S21 Ultra. There is nothing that can be done about it unfortunately. You will likely have to respond from the phone and listen to the message in the car.

You'll note that when the card reads the message, it will only displays the name of the contact from the group who has texted. It does not display all the group members like your phone does. That is why when you respond via the car, your message is isolated to that contact.

I plan on verifying if I have the same issue occurs on a Phone 13 Max Pro and Pixel 6 Pro.

I experience both issues with a Samsung S21 Ultra. There is nothing that can be done about it unfortunately. You will likely have to respond from the phone and listen to the message in the car.

You'll note that when the card reads the message, it will only displays the name of the contact from the group who has texted. It does not display all the group members like your phone does. That is why when you respond via the car, your message is isolated to that contact.

I plan on verifying if I have the same issue occurs on a Phone 13 Max Pro and Pixel 6 Pro.

If you are talking about "group text threads" then yes, on iPhone it is the same as on android (group text threads not supported in the car).

#2 is a common issue with Tesla and Android. I don't expect a fix on this any time this decade (not being facetious )