Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Galaxy S6 not playing working with bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S6. I'm having a lot of problems with bluetooth in my S. Sometimes it connects to bluetooth, but most often it does not. I can sometimes get it to connect manually by clicking the "Connect" button, but that usually just puts the bluetooth system in a loop and nothing ever happens. Rebooting the center console usually fixes it, but the next time I get in the car my phone doesn't connect to the car.

My phone is with Bell in Canada.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing bluetooth problems with their S6. I'd be glad to hear from people who are using it without a problem. Maybe I have a hardware issue and I can get it exchanged.

Thanks!

Rob

I have an iPhone, but as a general rule for disconnect/reconnect issues, you can check the following:
1) delete your phone from the Tesla
2) delete the Tesla from your phone
3) re-pair them

If that doesn’t work, sometimes your phone bluetooth can be trying to talk to other LE devices? I’ve got a few ‘tiles’ and whenever my phone wants to talk to them it can sometimes cause dropout issues with the bluetooth audio that is currently running.

Hi Zax,

My new S6 is working perfectly with Bluetooth in my Model S.

I will note that this is my second S6. The first had an intermittent problem with its speaker. Definitely was a hardware problem. I swapped it at the store for a new one and it's been perfect. I wouldn't rule out a hardware problem in your case.

Hi all, thanks for the replies! I know it likely makes NO difference as the hardware is probably identical, but do you guys have the S6 or S6 Edge? I have the S6. I doubt they changed the bluetooth chip, but I just want to make sure before I make a fuss at the phone place to get it changed. :)

Thanks!

Rob