TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Galleria HPWC location

Discussion in 'Texas' started by NOLA_Mike, Jun 30, 2014.

1. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

I'm travelling through Houston from New Orleans and have been told that I can access the Tesla HPWCs at the Galleria 24 hours. Can anyone tell me specifically where they are located?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The HPWCs are in the Northpark Mall. I don't know of any at the Galleria. Note that they aren't a full 80 amps. I think you'd be better off at the Service Centre's HPWCs. the Service Centre is in the general area of the Galleria, on Welch Street, just south of Spring Valley Road.

Going north on 75 take the Spring Valley exit and turn west. Drive a couple of block to Welch and turn south. It's on the west side of the street.

3. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

Thanks - but are you talking about Houston or Dallas? If you're talking about Houston then you lost me!

Mike

4. wart

wart Member

Sorry but I think Jerry is talking about Dallas, not Houston. Mike's question was Houston.
    At the Houston Galleria the Tesla chargers are in the Green parking garage, on the lower level (below street level). Enter from West Alabama St. IIRC there is one Model S HPWC, one Roadster HPWC, and one NEMA 14-50. Plugshare link

5. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

Thanks! I slap myself upside the head for not looking closer at Plugshare...

Mike

6. jerry33

Sorry, about that. Having never been to Houston, I don't think about it much :)

7. wart

wart Member

I'm trying to decide if Jerry is taking a shot at H-Town. I grew up there so I know it fairly well.
    More specific instructions:
    As you head east on West Alabama (it's a one way street) it will be a right turn into the garage just past Banana Republic. Down the ramp, right again and you should see the Tesla signage on the wall. This is where I went for my test drive a month ago.

8. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

LOL! I've lived in Houston (pre-Tesla times) so I was pretty sure Jerry wasn't talking about Houston. I had to go to Google Maps and look up Northpark Mall off 75 to figure out he was talking about Dallas.

Either, thanks to both of you for (1) trying to help and (2) helping. :)

Mike

9. Doug Gallarda

Doug Gallarda P03915

You can also call the Gallery if you get lost in the parking garage. They were very helpful the last time I visited Houston from Austin.

10. jerry33

I wasn't taking a shot at H-Town. I've just never been there and when I read Galleria, it didn't occur to me that there was another in Houston. Rather provincial of me, I know.

11. wart

wart Member

No worries, I was just having a little fun there.
    I'm happy to have been able to help!

12. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

Thanks for the help. I was able to find it. But of course there was a Model S parked in the HPWC spot plugged in (and not charging). But it turns out that I didn't need it - was able to make the 215 mile trip from Lake Charles to the Columbus SuperCharger site (including a side trip to the Galleria) on one charge.

Mike

13. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Jerry33 knows there is a Galleria in Dallas/DFW: the Dallas Tesla Service Center is just a couple blocks from there.

We'll chip in and send him to Houston (using Superchargers @ Corsicana and Huntsville).

14. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

I have talked to the folks there about the high value to travelers of leaving the HPWC free after hours when possible. I think they are doing better.
    There's a 20Amp too, under the HPWC and BMWs have benefited from it.

15. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

Houston store has been doing a lot of test drive events, but if the charger is full and it is a Tesla owned car, the store will move it for you. The Tesla store is just up the escalator from where the reserved parking is.

16. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

And they are there as early as 10AM but I was thinking of my recent travels when a get-home charge was needed in wee hours. I was so happy the 80A noozle was free.