Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Game changer and life changer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wstuff

Jul 26, 2012
florida
Like many on this forum I am over 60, just old enough to still be in wide eyed wonderment over new tech toys and even some of the things you guys and gals can do with them. My sordid story is a life of hard work and abusing my body thru that work, I am paying for that dearly now. We did get a slight benefit of retiring a bit early and found a quiet place in the center of the state that is very economical to live. The down side is , although we do appreciate our privacy we miss the restaurants and social life we had in Boca, a bit more accessible to shops and fine dining than where we are now. That wasn't even an issue because we would RV in our bus two or three months of the year and visit area's that filled that particular itch, Santa Fe, San Francisco, Phoenix, San Antonio, well you get the idea, we could get great food where ever we went. Now the fix is in, since the arrival of the Model S in early Feb, we regularly jump in the car and go to Tampa, Orlando or even Boca for lunch. What a treat, we would never think of doing that in the Jeep at $4 per gal, but in the lap of luxury for about 2 - 4 dollars, you bet. For us the Model S has been a very welcome LIFE changing experience, a real freedom we didn't have before.

Nice story! Congratulations on finding this fountain of youth that the MS really is. I only hope I can still be as energetic as you when I retire. We also find frequently have sudden urges to drive places just to be in the car and enjoy it. Owning a MS really has been a transforming experience, something I never expected a car would be able to do.

we miss the restaurants and social life we had in Boca

Now the fix is in, since the arrival of the Model S in early Feb, we regularly jump in the car and go to Tampa, Orlando or even Boca for lunch. What a treat, we would never think of doing that in the Jeep at $4 per gal, but in the lap of luxury for about 2 - 4 dollars, you bet. For us the Model S has been a very welcome LIFE changing experience, a real freedom we didn't have before.

Great story, and btw... if you're ever in Boca - feel free to connect and swing by as we're based in Boca and check out our many Model S extras! :biggrin:

Great to hear! Day 2 or 3 with my MS, the wife and I did an 80 mile round trip for lunch. I've never done that before. When I was a kid, I was a big Rush fan, coming home from work the other day I had Rush dialed in on Slacker and the Prologue to 2112 came on. It's about a 20 min song and my commute is about 10 minutes. The next day I came up with an errand to the Home Depot, so I could get out on the highway, wind up the Model S and listen to the rest of the song!