TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Game Changing: Gran Turismo 6

Discussion in 'Model S' started by richkae, Sep 22, 2013.

1. richkae

richkae VIN587

2. Reed

Reed Member

Very cool. I wonder if it will be limited to 135mph and if it will have the handling of a P85 or P85+. Either way I am definitely picking this game up. Hopefully we can tweak the color to match actual Tesla colors.

3. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

#3 Mayhemm, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    Interesting that Polyphony would not only include Model S in GT6, but feature it prominently in promoting the game.

I wonder if the game car will overheat and limit speed after a few laps?

After all, Gran Turismo is supposed to be a racing simulator. :tongue:

4. Jeredin

Jeredin Member

In GT5 they used the 2008 Roadster and no limiter and got up to a speed around 147mph.

Video:
    http://youtu.be/2qPj-3eHtGk

What really sucked in GT5 though, was the Roaster's 0-60. With Soft Sport tires it takes like 9 seconds--though a lot of car's 0-60 times are off from real life because of tires, I think. I'm hoping a 2012 Roaster makes it into the game along with the Model S, if not as DLC in the future. I'm guessing the Model S P85+ will be the trim used and most likely won't have a limit. I kind of hope it does, mostly because I like my race games as realistic as possible. We'll see I guess.

5. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Cool. :cool: Nice to notice that the Model S is cheap (apart from the Corvette) with respect to the other mentioned cars.

6. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

LOL
    that is pretty neat considering that its not a traditional exotic or supercar (although to me it's exotic and a SUPER car!)

7. loganss

loganss Spaceman

I preordered this game a few months ago solely for the Model S. I wonder how the ebrake will work in the game since in reality it doesn't slow the car down very fast like traditional ebrakes.

8. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

My thought process upon reading your comment:
    :biggrin: ... and then ... :crying:

9. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I "drove" it yesterday. Yes, it is limited to about 135 mph. The tachometer display hits the red line and the car stops accelerating.

The acceleration is pretty brisk and appears to be in the right range. Also it's a bit weaker in the top end, which is in line with reality. The motor doesn't overheat though. Regen must be set to Low; it doesn't slow down quickly when you lift.

I've driven the real Model S on a track, and the digital version definitely understeers more. I put some stickier tires on it, and then I found I was getting oversteer. Odd.

Incidentally I raced against a Tesla Roadster also (but not driving the Model S). Was fun to see it, looked pretty much exactly like mine. Did beat it though.

10. loganss

loganss Spaceman

Went to the Seville, Spain Gemasolar Thermosolar plant and took some pics. So cool. EVs got a bunch of love in this game.

Gemasolar_2.jpg Gemasolar_1.jpg Gemasolar.jpg

11. eepic

eepic Member

a few years ago, who woulda thunk a seven-seater would be a featured car in a racing game? :p

what would be awesome is if (when?) the Model X makes it