Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Game Changing Option for the Tesla Semi (elon read!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still buying Tesla stock because I don't believe the future profits from the Semi and Y are built into the stock price yet.

The Semi is incredible and could be even better. My friend is a trucking company CEO and my brother is an OTR driver, I am connected to this industry. Elon's "all in" bet on the autonomous Semi is good (and will work) but Tesla could get even more market share (30-40%) by adapting a bit to the "manned" Semi approach. Here is how, develop the Tesla Perch:
  • Build in a seat design that can be either traditional or with a push of a button (while in Park), changed to a perch seat.
  • A perch seat would be where the floor of the Semi would lower 24" to 30" and the driver could stand with his tail "perched" on the edge of the seat.
  • Standing while driving would solve the many trucker health issues related to hours of sitting.
  • Even if it were just a portion of the drivers shift it would be trans-formative, especially with Tesla Autopilot!
  • Only Tesla would have the guts to make this work.
  • Elon, please consider this option. It would help so many guys out there.
Best Regards, Bill

I am still buying Tesla stock because I don't believe the future profits from the Semi and Y are built into the stock price yet.

The Semi is incredible and could be even better. My friend is a trucking company CEO and my brother is an OTR driver, I am connected to this industry. Elon's "all in" bet on the autonomous Semi is good (and will work) but Tesla could get even more market share (30-40%) by adapting a bit to the "manned" Semi approach. Here is how, develop the Tesla Perch:
  • Build in a seat design that can be either traditional or with a push of a button (while in Park), changed to a perch seat.
  • A perch seat would be where the floor of the Semi would lower 24" to 30" and the driver could stand with his tail "perched" on the edge of the seat.
  • Standing while driving would solve the many trucker health issues related to hours of sitting.
  • Even if it were just a portion of the drivers shift it would be trans-formative, especially with Tesla Autopilot!
  • Only Tesla would have the guts to make this work.
  • Elon, please consider this option. It would help so many guys out there.
Best Regards, Bill

Yeah, there would definitely need to be some form of secure harness system. There are a LOT of additional unintentional motions added when going from sitting to standing in a moving vehicle.

Even using a stand-up desk at work makes mouse movement and typing a lot more difficult.