Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Game Controller - Cuphead

Boomer543

May 31, 2019
New Jersey
Really stupid question: how do you know the controller "works"? I tried a USB controller and saw nothing come up on buggy. If it works, is there something that indicates you have a controller plugged in? What'd I miss?

Darwood77

Apr 24, 2019
Pennsylvania
AD55E1D5-E890-4087-87A5-1F0CF7375879.jpeg
Logitech F310. $20 at Target. Works on Cuphead, didn’t try Beach Buggy yet but should work on it as well.

Lanzer

May 2, 2018
San Jose
I happen to have the iBuffalo SNES classic USB controller ($17) which also works with Cuphead.

If you don't care for quality, Amazon has plenty of USB controllers that cost around $10 for 2. All the controllers that works with arcade emulators will very likely work in the Model 3.

Runt8

May 19, 2017
Colorado
How about ps4 controllers? I just ordered one - the dualshock 4.
Second this question. I’d like to get a second cheap ps4 controller for the car that I could also use with my console. Don’t really want to spend the money on an official DualShock controller as it won’t be used often.

redox

Sep 13, 2014
SF Bay Area
I was playing Cuphead a couple days ago using a PS4 DS4 controller.

Obviously you have to plug it in using the USB recharging cord.

Did you have to do anything special to get it to work? I've tried with my PS4 controllers and no dice. It wouldn't even recognize it to the point of showing the "Play" button.

I've also tried my PS3 controllers, same problem.

I've tried them wired each time.

I have another "generic" controller (Nostromo) that works with pretty much everything except Cuphead. Cuphead has a weird behavior: it accepts the "X" button (the bottom one on the right hand side - I'm calling it X because that's what it is labeled on playstation controllers), but the left joystick is inverted (up goes down and vice versa). Then I can get to the "Options" menu and "Controls" by using the inverted scheme, but once I get there, I cannot navigate anymore to assign any button.

Grrrrr...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC