Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Game controllers not recognized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to play co-op Cuphead, so I bought two PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One controllers, as I've seen that specific brand mentioned on multiple websites as being a controller that works with Tesla Arcade. I have the 2021 refresh center console, so all of my USB ports except for the one in the glove box are type-C. I tried plugging the controllers in both with this USB hub and this adapter, but in both cases, I still can't play and just see the message "Plug a compatible game controller into one of the vehicle's front USB ports to Play". I'm using the front two USB ports that have data, not the rear ones that are charging-only. I tried plugging in the controllers first and then opening Tesla Arcade, and I tried opening Tesla Arcade first and then plugging in the controllers, neither of which worked. I also tried the scroll wheel reset, which didn't help either. I'm on software version 2021.4.12. I verified that both controllers are recognized fine by a PC. At this point, I'm basically out of ideas. What else can I try?

Reactions: scott2
anyone have any update on getting the magic NS to work. I have firmware 1.32 and it appears not to support wireless play with xbox one s controllers. I emailed them and no response. There are you tube videos showing it working on the green color but not sure how they got them to work. Was it a previous firmware that allowed it? I have a model Y not sure if that makes a difference.

Upvote 0
anyone have any update on getting the magic NS to work. I have firmware 1.32 and it appears not to support wireless play with xbox one s controllers. I emailed them and no response. There are you tube videos showing it working on the green color but not sure how they got them to work. Was it a previous firmware that allowed it? I have a model Y not sure if that makes a difference.

Not yet, though I have a newer controller (that came with the series x) which they say is supported only wired. I've been using it wired just through a hub and it works well but would love to switch to wireless once they get a firmware update out supporting it.

I know the previous generation of wireless do work and have seen that. I know you do have to be very careful about which controller you get though as it also can't be the much older ones. I think the key was to make sure it was a solid transition from where the X button is down to the main area without a separation that we see in the older controllers while also not being one of the newer controllers.

Hopefully they'll send out an update soon!

Upvote 0
Not yet, though I have a newer controller (that came with the series x) which they say is supported only wired. I've been using it wired just through a hub and it works well but would love to switch to wireless once they get a firmware update out supporting it.

I know the previous generation of wireless do work and have seen that. I know you do have to be very careful about which controller you get though as it also can't be the much older ones. I think the key was to make sure it was a solid transition from where the X button is down to the main area without a separation that we see in the older controllers while also not being one of the newer controllers.

Hopefully they'll send out an update

any pic of the controller that actually works?

Upvote 0
I am using the latest xbox controller (that comes with the series x) and not having any problems while wired in.
I'm on a 2021, so I have a hub that connects to my USBC port and i'm plugged into that hub using the USBC to USB cable that came with the controller. It works perfectly and I haven't had any issue with any of the games.

I have the Mayflash Magic-NS adapter to try to work with it wirelessly but that doesn't support the latest controller yet. They have been making updates though so I am hoping they will add support for it soon.

I haven't tried wiring into the Mayflash adapter directly, but I suspect that would work just fine (they claim to support it wired, just easier to use my hub).
I have the same controller and Mayflash. Found out MSFT moved to BT BLE to conserve energy, so it’s not compatible with MayFlash. Since you’ll prob need to replace the BT chipset on the MayFlash, we’ll prob need to get new model, not just a firmware update. I’ll just USB-C to my USB Hub in my Model Y

Upvote 0