Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Game controllers not recognized

josephcsible

Mar 20, 2021
United States of America
I want to play co-op Cuphead, so I bought two PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One controllers, as I've seen that specific brand mentioned on multiple websites as being a controller that works with Tesla Arcade. I have the 2021 refresh center console, so all of my USB ports except for the one in the glove box are type-C. I tried plugging the controllers in both with this USB hub and this adapter, but in both cases, I still can't play and just see the message "Plug a compatible game controller into one of the vehicle's front USB ports to Play". I'm using the front two USB ports that have data, not the rear ones that are charging-only. I tried plugging in the controllers first and then opening Tesla Arcade, and I tried opening Tesla Arcade first and then plugging in the controllers, neither of which worked. I also tried the scroll wheel reset, which didn't help either. I'm on software version 2021.4.12. I verified that both controllers are recognized fine by a PC. At this point, I'm basically out of ideas. What else can I try?

Ericft

Mar 31, 2021
Ilinois
anyone have any update on getting the magic NS to work. I have firmware 1.32 and it appears not to support wireless play with xbox one s controllers. I emailed them and no response. There are you tube videos showing it working on the green color but not sure how they got them to work. Was it a previous firmware that allowed it? I have a model Y not sure if that makes a difference.

Upvote 0

Tarpan

Jan 2, 2021
Vancouver, BC
anyone have any update on getting the magic NS to work. I have firmware 1.32 and it appears not to support wireless play with xbox one s controllers. I emailed them and no response. There are you tube videos showing it working on the green color but not sure how they got them to work. Was it a previous firmware that allowed it? I have a model Y not sure if that makes a difference.

Not yet, though I have a newer controller (that came with the series x) which they say is supported only wired. I've been using it wired just through a hub and it works well but would love to switch to wireless once they get a firmware update out supporting it.

I know the previous generation of wireless do work and have seen that. I know you do have to be very careful about which controller you get though as it also can't be the much older ones. I think the key was to make sure it was a solid transition from where the X button is down to the main area without a separation that we see in the older controllers while also not being one of the newer controllers.

Hopefully they'll send out an update soon!

Upvote 0

Ericft

Mar 31, 2021
Ilinois
Not yet, though I have a newer controller (that came with the series x) which they say is supported only wired. I've been using it wired just through a hub and it works well but would love to switch to wireless once they get a firmware update out supporting it.

I know the previous generation of wireless do work and have seen that. I know you do have to be very careful about which controller you get though as it also can't be the much older ones. I think the key was to make sure it was a solid transition from where the X button is down to the main area without a separation that we see in the older controllers while also not being one of the newer controllers.

Hopefully they'll send out an update

any pic of the controller that actually works?

Upvote 0

Ericft

Mar 31, 2021
Ilinois
yes wired works for me as well was just wondering if anyone got one to work wireless with the magic NS. I ended up returning the magic ns as I got no response from them about firmware updates for wiresless xbox controller use.

Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC