Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Game Update Available" - updater in a frozen state

patp

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
After installing V10 last week, I went to try Cuphead. Got a message "game update required" so it started downloading an update pack. It never finished downloading for some reasons and now the car always shows this message (see picture below).

IMG_1231 2.jpg

WIFI is working great (tested using the browser) so it's not the problem. I tried resetting the car and other things without success.

And now, it seems I can't even receive normal firmware updates as my car seems to be in a weird state.

If anyone can help, that would be appreciated as I would love to be able install to the latest version with Smart Summon for Canada.

If someone from Tesla reads this my VIN is 106815

Thanks,
Pat

• Disagree
Reactions: OrthoSurg

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
There is a service option to submit for software update. Maybe they will take a look right quick, clean out anything stuck and submit for a download.

patp

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Weird coincidence but everything is fine now. I had this issue for more than a week. Maybe someone at Tesla did something to fix this.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC