Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Games while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Humans are humans. If you put the opportunity to play games in front of them, people will. Not everyone, but enough. You can't trust everyone to do the right thing, so we have rules. These games should not be allowed.

Reactions: Hank42
Humans are humans. If you put the opportunity to play games in front of them, people will. Not everyone, but enough. You can't trust everyone to do the right thing, so we have rules. These games should not be allowed.
Opinions like this are the reason that so much of autopilot is restricted in the EU.

What happened to trusting people to follow the law and be responsible for their actions?

Reactions: Yev000
Opinions like this are the reason that so much of autopilot is restricted in the EU.

What happened to trusting people to follow the law and be responsible for their actions?

It sounds like you don't live in the same timeline that I live in. In my timeline, people are all the time doing things that are illegal and stupid, and impacting other people around them. This is like drunk driving- yes it's illegal and people should be responsible for their actions. And yet, somehow. in my timeline there are still drunk drivers killing others.

Having games available without some other restrictions like eye-focus monitoring is like putting a six-pack in the center console and telling people to behave responsibly.

This makes no sense. There are hundreds of things in the world that we restrict and prohibit. This isn't something that will only impact the user. If a distracted driver crashes, they can easily kill people. A country doesn't exist where people are just allowed to do whatever they feel is right - society is based on law and order, without it we'd all just be screaming around like Mad Max.

It sounds like you don't live in the same timeline that I live in. In my timeline, people are all the time doing things that are illegal and stupid, and impacting other people around them. This is like drunk driving- yes it's illegal and people should be responsible for their actions. And yet, somehow. in my timeline there are still drunk drivers killing others.

Having games available without some other restrictions like eye-focus monitoring is like putting a six-pack in the center console and telling people to behave responsibly.

Oh well, I guess we might as well just scrap any form of self driving all together then, just in case someone decides to climb into the back while it's on. Better disable the horn after 11pm in case someone decides to drive around beeping all the time. In fact, maybe people shouldn't be allowed to drive around at all any more since some of them decide to drive into people sometimes.

• Disagree
Reactions: adsheff