Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap Coverage for New Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Is it worth looking into gap coverage for a M3 RWD I am looking to buy? I'd be putting down about 20-25% as a down payment. I am currently with Allstate in Illinois. If I choose to move to Tampa, FL for a new job offer, what are my options for gap coverage in that state vs my current one? I'd be going through Tesla Finance along with Wells Fargo possibly. Thanks.

With some insurance companies, gap coverage may be part of an overall "new car protection" coverage that has some additional perks beyond paying off the full amount of your loan.

For instance, if your car is a total loss before 18 months/15K miles, you might be entitled to full replacement costs with a brand new vehicle, or if beyond those limits, a used vehicle a model year newer with X fewer miles.

With some insurance companies, gap coverage may be part of an overall "new car protection" coverage that has some additional perks beyond paying off the full amount of your loan.

For instance, if your car is a total loss before 18 months/15K miles, you might be entitled to full replacement costs with a brand new vehicle, or if beyond those limits, a used vehicle a model year newer with X fewer miles.
Whats funny is, State Farm Insurance doesn't offer gap insurance. The bank however does....