Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap from Seal between Windshield and plastic Cowl

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has something similar. When looking at the front of the car windshield you can see on the left side the cowl dips down and at that point you can see form the attached pic the seal between the windshield and cowl has a gap which is not sealed correctly.

Can someone check and show a pic or verify if anyone else has something similar. Wondering if this will cause further issues down the line or what the SC can do.

Appreciate the help

Cheers!

Attachments

• B86E7C03-37DC-426E-B5C2-D8C393877703.jpeg
    B86E7C03-37DC-426E-B5C2-D8C393877703.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 427
Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has something similar. When looking at the front of the car windshield you can see on the left side the cowl dips down and at that point you can see form the attached pic the seal between the windshield and cowl has a gap which is not sealed correctly.

Can someone check and show a pic or verify if anyone else has something similar. Wondering if this will cause further issues down the line or what the SC can do.

Appreciate the help

Cheers!
A second pic, a little further away, will help ID where you're looking, since we may not be looking from the same angle as the OP. Anyhow, plasticky trim pieces do not always fit snug. They aren't for environmental sealing.

Here a better zoomed out picture it’s on the left side when facing the front of the car. Also the other picture does it look like the bottom of the windshield is cracked?

Attachments

• D063618F-6983-489A-950D-6FC9D7650B40.jpeg
    D063618F-6983-489A-950D-6FC9D7650B40.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 355
  • 69679FFA-CE2A-4150-A813-49F30C7BD508.jpeg
    69679FFA-CE2A-4150-A813-49F30C7BD508.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 414
It does look like the sealant didn't flow into that area. Unless I saw corrosion in the area or noticed a leak I think I would live with it until the glass is replaced. I'm not sure there would be a simple way to correct this without risk of breaking the glass $$$. You could get a sealant and try warming it to flow into the cavity. It might improve it a little.

If I'm seeing that correctly, it's as I originally thought, the trim piece is not flush with the glass. That trim piece isn't a weather seal, so a gap is just unsightly, but not going to do any damage to your car. When you next go to a SC, have them see if they can fix the gap. You probably could press it into place, yourself.

If I'm seeing that correctly, it's as I originally thought, the trim piece is not flush with the glass. That trim piece isn't a weather seal, so a gap is just unsightly, but not going to do any damage to your car. When you next go to a SC, have them see if they can fix the gap. You probably could press it into place, yourself.

Yeah I’ll see if I can push it down but I have a sc visit coming up so I’ll ask. As for the other picture at the bottom near the seal you can see slight what seems like a crack of the glass. Do you guys see the same?