Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap in light pattern of the matrix headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both of those gaps at a farther distance will line up with each other. Which is slightly to the left.

This is done to not blind oncoming vehicles coming towards you on the left side of the road. It’s provides some of rye relief on their end from a far distance.

Reactions: windings
Both of those gaps at a farther distance will line up with each other. Which is slightly to the left.

This is done to not blind oncoming vehicles coming towards you on the left side of the road. It’s provides some of rye relief on their end from a far distance.
Yes, good that you pointed that out. That's exactly the way mine is too

The low beams don't bother me, but what does bother me are the horizontal dark lines with high beams. Am I the only one that has this issue/feature?

I have this on both my MYP and S. I guess that’s how TELSA designed their lights. Probably can be tweaked by software if they ever willing to. I just hope Tesla s version of matrix lights really do function like what a matrix headlight should. At this point, they do not work or perform anywhere near to what my Porsche Cayenne Matrix can do.

I have this on both my MYP and S. I guess that’s how TELSA designed their lights. Probably can be tweaked by software if they ever willing to. I just hope Tesla s version of matrix lights really do function like what a matrix headlight should. At this point, they do not work or perform anywhere near to what my Porsche Cayenne Matrix can do.

Good to know it's not just me. What a huge step back in headlights! It's funny how Tesla can go backwards on things like headlights, and non-wavy glass.

Good to know it's not just me. What a huge step back in headlights! It's funny how Tesla can go backwards on things like headlights, and non-wavy glass.
My 3 week old 2023 S has spent 5 days in the service shop since I took delivery. Clicking suspension noise, cracked wiper, non-waking up screen, non-opening charge door, non-working Climate Control system. The wiper had started making a strange noise again yesterday. Not sure what’s next, but, I am starting to think this could be the biggest car purchase mistake in my life. I’ve bought and owner 21 other cars, none of them ever suffer these many problems in such a short time.