Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap in light pattern of the matrix headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,

Got my MSLR last week with the matrix headlights, and noticed that when driving at night, there is a dark patch in the lights on the left.

Today I parked close to a wall and observed carefully, and I think that dark patch is this gap on pointed by the left arrow. There is a similar gap on the right side, but the position and size/width/darkness are not the same as the gap on the left.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 20.11.40.jpg

I have the same problem with my MSLR from March '22. Besides the vertical notches, there is also a dark horizontal stripe right below them, which doesn't look that bad in the image, but on the road it bothers me even more than the notches. I hope that a software update can fix both of these issues at some point. Before the Model S I had a 1019 Model 3 which did not have these issues, the light was much more homogeneous and at least equally bright. My 2014 Mercedes E class had matrix lights and they were even better than either of these Teslas.

Attachments

• 2022-05-24 21.16.00.png
    2022-05-24 21.16.00.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 194
Hello guys,

Got my MSLR last week with the matrix headlights, and noticed that when driving at night, there is a dark patch in the lights on the left.

Today I parked close to a wall and observed carefully, and I think that dark patch is this gap on pointed by the left arrow. There is a similar gap on the right side, but the position and size/width/darkness are not the same as the gap on the left.

Is this normal?

Thanks

View attachment 804078
I literally just posted this problem as well. Wish I found this thread earlier. I have a SC appointment at the end of the month. I have a plaid took delivery in august 2022.

Did you ever get it resolved?
As an update, you may find this interesting…

As an update, you may find this interesting…

Thanks for sharing. I’ve wondered if it was purposeful at times as well. So the lucid and xc90 have matrix led lights s well?

Has anyone tried the "Adjust Headlights" button in the Service Menu?

I ask because I was astonished by how good the Matrix Headlights were (For the first 10k miles) and how I was never flashed by oncoming traffic, even when it seamed like the High Beams were turning off a little later that I would do so myself (if not on auto). But lately (possibly after an update) I am getting flashed by oncoming traffic all the time, even with the low beams on.

I want to try to Adjust the headlights but have never used that function, and do not know if I need to be near a wall, on level ground, at night etc.

Any experience here would be helpful.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 10.35.00 AM.png

I’m kind of late to the party but I noticed it too on my 23 MYLR. Also not sure if it’s related but on driver dside headlight lens I noticed white square dot. I’m not sure what is it.

Attachments

• D95DEB8A-B89C-4153-BC99-365757CA5295.jpeg
    D95DEB8A-B89C-4153-BC99-365757CA5295.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 101