Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap in Rear Glass Panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had several quality control issues similar to what has already been identified by prior owners (mostly related to mis-alignment). The service center fixed most of them, but one issue they did not fix was the mis-alignment of my rear glass panel on the trunk. The rear glass panel is over-shifted to the left so there is a larger gap on the passenger side of the glass panel when compared to the driver's side. They said this was within spec.
Of course that is the one thing I keep noticing -- has anybody had any luck in going back to a service center to get them to revisit an issue?

What do guys think of this gap - about 8 mm rear driver side trunk glass roof alignment? No leaks after a car wash and I don't hear any noise. Took delivery 4 days ago. Mobile service guy came and took measurements. Take it to SC? I live in Des Moines. Nearest SC is Council Bluffs, 2 hr drive

Attachments

• PXL_20210418_172600790.jpg
    PXL_20210418_172600790.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 400
What do guys think of this gap - about 8 mm rear driver side trunk glass roof alignment? No leaks after a car wash and I don't hear any noise. Took delivery 4 days ago. Mobile service guy came and took measurements. Take it to SC? I live in Des Moines. Nearest SC is Council Bluffs, 2 hr drive
I got my 2021 Tesla 3 three weeks ago. I inspected the car right after it was delivered and found the same exact “issue”, a wide gap on the rear drive side trunk glass roof. I scheduled an appointment for July 12 and pointed out the issue ( among other minor ones). When I went to pick up the car, the person who helped me stated that the gap is actually designed to be that way in all 2021 Tesla Model 3, it has something to do with the new electric hydraulic mechanis. As stated in the service invoice: “Measured glass panel gaps and verified all are with spec. Normal characteristic of design.”
What do you think?

I got my 2021 Tesla 3 three weeks ago. I inspected the car right after it was delivered and found the same exact “issue”, a wide gap on the rear drive side trunk glass roof. I scheduled an appointment for July 12 and pointed out the issue ( among other minor ones). When I went to pick up the car, the person who helped me stated that the gap is actually designed to be that way in all 2021 Tesla Model 3, it has something to do with the new electric hydraulic mechanis. As stated in the service invoice: “Measured glass panel gaps and verified all are with spec. Normal characteristic of design.”
What do you think?
The hydraulic lift for the trunk door may explain the weather strip being shortened on the driver side. But it doesn't make sense for the panel gap. It's been 3 months for me. Been in the rain and car wash a couple of times. No issues. The panel gap doesn't bother me anymore. Mobile guy said the only way to fix that would be to realign the glass roof. I'm not going to bet on that