TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Gap in the back

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Patrick0101, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Patrick0101

Patrick0101 Member

I was poking around in the trunk (doing a light upgrade) and I noticed that there's a really crummy photo
    [​IMG]

It looks like there is a connector for something in there too. Anyone know what this gap is for? Premium sound?

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

picture didn't show up.

3. Patrick0101

Patrick0101 Member

In the back (trunk), on the driver's side (US), there is an opening. It is opposite of the light that is on the passenger side.
    IMG_20170831_213440.jpg
    Just wondering what this opening and connector are for.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Picture still isn't that great, can you give us a wider shot of where this is in back? Looking at the connector, I wonder if it's a missing light, but that's too easy. :D

5. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I'm guessing it's the sub-woofer port. Do you have PUP? If not, then it's likely what the sub-woofer connects to.

I'll try to look at my X after work tonight and verify.

6. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Maintenance access for charge port and wiring.

• Like x 1