Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap insurance for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering gap insurance for my upcoming Model S 75D delivery. Any recommendations, thoughts you can share on the subject, or things I must know before exploring further?

Not bought it before as having a car written off doesn't seem that likely an event. With previous cars I've had any gap between a payout and outstanding finance could have been covered by cash. Not sure this would be the case with the Model S.

I did go for the replacement gap cover, I figured with exchange rate and price variations etc this made sense (for me at least) to ensure I would end up with a new car if anything bad does happen. I have to say not having to deal with a salesman “pushing” gap and all their other insurances on me when I bought my car made the process much nicer!

Reactions: PrGrPa
I did go for the replacement gap cover, I figured with exchange rate and price variations etc this made sense (for me at least) to ensure I would end up with a new car if anything bad does happen. I have to say not having to deal with a salesman “pushing” gap and all their other insurances on me when I bought my car made the process much nicer!

Exactly this. I used Car2Cover Gap Insurance

It’s worth checking your motor insurance policy, as some of them give new for old replacement cover in the first year. Be careful though, more often than not the policy reverts back to market value if there isn’t a replacement car readily available.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa