Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap on driver's side of the rear hatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been noticing for awhile now that the gap on the driver's side of my rear hatch seems abit large. Well, today I discovered that the support? block on that side of the trunk lid is crooked. I tried to twist it straight again, but it did not bulge easily. Also don't really see a way to loosen it and readjust it either. Anyone see this on their model S? Built in June, 2018

Attachments

• 20191208_140351.jpg
    20191208_140351.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 98
I had to re-adjust mine on my 2017 S. They’re attached with a bolt and double sided tape. The tape is why it didn’t rotate easily. You can take out the center piece and it will expose the bolt head beneath it.

I had to re-adjust mine on my 2017 S. They’re attached with a bolt and double sided tape. The tape is why it didn’t rotate easily. You can take out the center piece and it will expose the bolt head beneath it.

I had to remove it completely and tear off the tape before I could adjust mine. Oh and be care of the little tabs. You can see that I broke one in the first picture. I didn't have a torx bit that size so I just used a hex key.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 75