Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap on trunk latch cover for refreshed Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I recently received my 2022 refreshed Model S and noticed that there is a gap in the trunk latch cover, my other Tesla car doesn't have such gap so just wonder if I got a defect part or it is common for refreshed Model S so I can decide if I need to book a service appointment for that.

P.S. I can grab the cover and pull up to close the gap, but it won't stay there if I release my finger.

Any inputs are appreciated, Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 153
Hi,

I recently received my 2022 refreshed Model S and noticed that there is a gap in the trunk latch cover, my other Tesla car doesn't have such gap so just wonder if I got a defect part or it is common for refreshed Model S so I can decide if I need to book a service appointment for that.

P.S. I can grab the cover and pull up to close the gap, but it won't stay there if I release my finger.

Any inputs are appreciated, Thanks!
I’ve seen this on another refresh car. Seems to be a weak spring underneath the cover as the cover can be pulled up by hand. Maybe there’s a way of tensioning the spring so it pushes the cover fully up?