TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

GAP

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lobstakilla, Dec 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lobstakilla

Lobstakilla Member

I just got my loan finalized with Alliant and it couldn't have been easier. I used Mark based on the experience others have had using him. He was great to work with and the whole process took less than 10 minutes.

My question is this, are most people adding the GAP coverage? This is my first new car purchase and it sure seems like a good idea.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

2. ev-now

ev-now Member

Depends how much you are putting down, and how long you intend to keep it. I got GAP through my insurance as it's pennies per month ($1.50 I think) and can be cancelled at any time. GAP thru the loan is usually rolled in, and therefore full term - and not required towards the end of the loan unless you really abuse your 'S'!

3. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

Just got off the phone with Alliant, I got GAP with them. If I use it once it pays for itself.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

If you are financing, do it.

5. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

Just in case anyone is interested, I confirmed with Tesla Leasing that GAP protection is built into the lease. If you carry the minimum insurance coverage required under the lease, the car is totaled, and they receive a settlement from your insurance company for less than what is owed on the car they cover the difference.

6. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Member

I paid for Gap through my insurance when needed. It was a tiny fraction of the cost of the rolled-in profit center that is the Gap they offer with loans.

• Like x 1