TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Garage Door & Gate Openers Compatible with Tesla HomeLink

Discussion in 'Model S' started by brucet999, Jan 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Let's start a list of garage door and gate openers that do work with Tesla HomeLink

Old Genie models
    - probably most old openers before they started using rolling codes will work; mine was from 1980s.

Sommer Direct Drive 3/4 hp or 1hp - requires an extra-cost auxiliary receiver. It will not work out of the box because Tesla has not updated its software to be able to learn the rolling code from the built-in receiver's remote. Solution is an old-style receiver and remote from Sommer customer service department; easy to install and costs $25 plus $7 USPS shipping.

2. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

I have a 2015 Hormann and it works fine with that.

3. Ivo-G

Ivo-G Member

I would be great to not only mention the year and make but also Model of door opener and possibly of the remote.

4. mshuang

mshuang Member

Even some of the new Genie models with rolling codes will work. Mine is a ReliaG 850 (made in 2014, or so I think).

For newer garage door openers, you can also look to see if the garage door is Homelink compatible (It'll list it as a feature).

5. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

"HomeLink compatible" is not a reliable cue. Sommer Direct-Drive is HomeLink compatible, just not with Tesla. Works fine with Lexus.