Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Door & Gate Openers Compatible with Tesla HomeLink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's start a list of garage door and gate openers that do work with Tesla HomeLink

Old Genie models
- probably most old openers before they started using rolling codes will work; mine was from 1980s.

Sommer Direct Drive 3/4 hp or 1hp - requires an extra-cost auxiliary receiver. It will not work out of the box because Tesla has not updated its software to be able to learn the rolling code from the built-in receiver's remote. Solution is an old-style receiver and remote from Sommer customer service department; easy to install and costs $25 plus $7 USPS shipping.

Let's start a list of garage door and gate openers that do work with Tesla HomeLink

Old Genie models
- probably most old openers before they started using rolling codes will work; mine was from 1980s.

Even some of the new Genie models with rolling codes will work. Mine is a ReliaG 850 (made in 2014, or so I think).

For newer garage door openers, you can also look to see if the garage door is Homelink compatible (It'll list it as a feature).

Even some of the new Genie models with rolling codes will work. Mine is a ReliaG 850 (made in 2014, or so I think).

For newer garage door openers, you can also look to see if the garage door is Homelink compatible (It'll list it as a feature).

"HomeLink compatible" is not a reliable cue. Sommer Direct-Drive is HomeLink compatible, just not with Tesla. Works fine with Lexus.