Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage door no longer auto-closes after a recent update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my car since late 2015, never had an issue until the past month (maybe close to 2 now) when homelink stopped auto-closing my garage door. Anyone else had this issue? Worked flawlessly for years and then out of the blue, stopped doing it.

The message on the display shows "auto close in 20ft" which used to count down as I backed out and that number would get smaller and then the garage would close. Now that no longer decreases no matter how far away from my garage I get. There have been no changes to anything at all, beyond the car auto updating itself.

Anyone else? I assume attempting to reprogram it would be my best troubleshooting option? Toggling the auto-close option on/off did nothing.

Had my car since late 2015, never had an issue until the past month (maybe close to 2 now) when homelink stopped auto-closing my garage door. Anyone else had this issue? Worked flawlessly for years and then out of the blue, stopped doing it.

The message on the display shows "auto close in 20ft" which used to count down as I backed out and that number would get smaller and then the garage would close. Now that no longer decreases no matter how far away from my garage I get. There have been no changes to anything at all, beyond the car auto updating itself.

Anyone else? I assume attempting to reprogram it would be my best troubleshooting option? Toggling the auto-close option on/off did nothing.

I just recently had my auto close stop working. I don't get the countdown to appear at all. I suspect Tesla may have changed the protocol so it only auto closes if you pull out, you should try backing in to the garage to see if that works.

For my issue, I have no idea how to get the auto close countdown to start appearing again. Hoping someone else has a suggestion.