Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage door opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's supposed to auto open and close? Gee, can't see any issues with that setup. While I love my car and everything that goes along with it, this is a piece of technology that is both completely unnecessary and fraught with potential issues.
Give me my clipped "old school" opener on my passenger visor any day.
You don't have to use the auto close or open. You can set it so the menu pop up when you get close to your home and then you can just tap the pop up to open or close garage.

For those suffering interference make sure you aren't using a standard LED lights in around or in the path of the receivers (overhead unit). I had issues as well before changing them to low interference bulbs.

I didn't like MyQ business model, so I am using ehomelife msg100 wifi garage door openers and very happy with them.

Summon does auto open, pull out, and close.

But the real reason to have Tesla homelink: I... am... batman.

Reactions: hcdavis3 and Thp3
Oh for crying out loud that's what keeps you up at night? Registration with home address too? Um, yeah, that is legally required to keep in every car in the country. There are many ways to find out who lives at addresses. It's public information.
If someone steals the clip and registration with Sentry mode on I will gladly let that one play out lol. I have a full security system at my house too. I feel pretty safe. Though what if someone breaks into the car and steals the Sentry mode USB drive???????? Oh the horror.
Dude - thats common practice for theifs. I know of a lot of people that happened to in California.

one they know your not home, they have a quick blinded access in and out of your house, and they have almost every tool needed to make entry.

make fun if you want, but thats why people have garage door opener key attachments.