Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Flooring Tiles - Video + Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been getting a lot of interest in my garage flooring. So, I made a short 3-minute DIY video about where to buy it, how much it cost and how to install it. I hope this helps

IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_6752.jpg

251017897_10216221232078630_9069612575787298442_n.jpg

288567296_1377021546107859_1009869598874485046_n.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg
IMG_1811.jpg
Snapseed.jpg
IMG_9494.jpg
IMG_4132.jpg

• Love
Reactions: AMPd
Does the flooring hold up well to floor jacks and jackstands? Is it solvent resistant? Is it as easy to roll stuff around the garage as a concrete floor is

I've got the same flooring in my garage. It holds up to floor jacks just fine. Jackstands, it depends. If they are the type that have sharp edges, then you really need to put something under them to avoid damaging the plastic tiles. If they are the cylindrical type with the flat bottom, then no problem.

Solvents don't seem to cause any issues, but all liquids flow through these tiles to the concrete floor below. That's great if you live in an area with snow because it allows everything to melt off and drain to the floor and out of the garage. It's not so great if you spill oil or coolant though.

Things roll around pretty easily on the floor. I have no issues with that at all.

Attachments

• GF1.jpg
    GF1.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Do those titles handle heat well during the summer?

Not sure what you're asking exactly, but I don't have any issues with the summer heat. They don't soften up, they don't warp, nothing like that. They don't buckle in heat. It's a floating floor, so they say you should allow a small amount of space for expansion during the summer months. Maybe that's what you're asking?

And honestly, I installed my work bench/cabinet set up on top of mine, so it's not exactly a true floating floor anymore. Still no issues at all though...the tiles stay flat on the floor.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Not sure what you're asking exactly, but I don't have any issues with the summer heat. They don't soften up, they don't warp, nothing like that. They don't buckle in heat. It's a floating floor, so they say you should allow a small amount of space for expansion during the summer months. Maybe that's what you're asking?

And honestly, I installed my work bench/cabinet set up on top of mine, so it's not exactly a true floating floor anymore. Still no issues at all though...the tiles stay flat on the floor.

White Shadow, what brand cabinets and under-cabinet lighting is that? Your exact setup and color of the cabinets (neat red stripe!) is perfect for what I'm looking to setup in my garage. Thanks!

White Shadow, what brand cabinets and under-cabinet lighting is that? Your exact setup and color of the cabinets (neat red stripe!) is perfect for what I'm looking to setup in my garage. Thanks!

The garage cabinets are made by Saber. The owner used to work for a high-end tool cabinet company and then started his own business to build/sell decent quality cabinets at reasonable pricing geared toward homeowners. Overall, the cabinets really are pretty nice, especially for the price. The lighting I added and is just your basic LED tape strip lights on a hidden switch.

The red "racing" stripes on the cabinets is also something that I added to tie in with the color scheme of my garage. It's just red 3M vinyl tape.

The garage cabinets are made by Saber. The owner used to work for a high-end tool cabinet company and then started his own business to build/sell decent quality cabinets at reasonable pricing geared toward homeowners. Overall, the cabinets really are pretty nice, especially for the price. The lighting I added and is just your basic LED tape strip lights on a hidden switch.

The red "racing" stripes on the cabinets is also something that I added to tie in with the color scheme of my garage. It's just red 3M vinyl tape.

Awesome I'll check them out. Up until your mention of Saber I was thinking of New Age or Gladiator.