Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage is ready for new Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great!

Funny, I never used to worry about keeping my garage floor as clean as I do now that I have my Tesla P3D+. The cable touching the garage floor certainly made me more cognizant of the dust/dirt that gets there, since I don't want my hands and clothes getting dirty when handling the it.

E16CBB24-1F99-4CAD-9653-686C4B1509CD.jpeg
I just finished with glossy white epoxy floor and now just sitting it out for a week or two before parking.

Next step is the Elon signature HPWCs. I have 2 of them but debating if installing just one is enough for my X and S? Don’t drive enough to justify the cost of installation but it will look pretty and symmetrical.

Totally forgot about cabinets. Need to start researching those.

@eprosenx, The base SR is now $35,900, so it still looks like $35K if you squint hard enough. :cool: It was $35,400 when I bought.

What's going on with the price here? Here in Illinois on June 5, 2019 I was told $39,900 was as close as you could get to the fabled $35,000 M3 price because they added some of the $5,000 autopilot features to the base model- that is, the $35K deal was available for a short while, until they made it seem like a BETTER deal to add $5,000 of software and only charge $4,900 for it.

What's going on with the price here? Here in Illinois on June 5, 2019 I was told $39,900 was as close as you could get to the fabled $35,000 M3 price because they added some of the $5,000 autopilot features to the base model- that is, the $35K deal was available for a short while, until they made it seem like a BETTER deal to add $5,000 of software and only charge $4,900 for it.
It's off menu. You have to insist, on the phone or in person, on getting an SR rather than an SR+. They downgrade the car in software. In my case, they took an inventory SR+ and downgraded it for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
... I may try to ask for a trial like it describes here, if it doesn't happen on its own, but I have a hunch they aren't doing it any more.

Full Self-Driving Capability Trial
I pinged Tesla support on this. Got the following reply:

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Tesla!
We do provide a 14-day autopilot trial period for our vehicles but we currently have a fleet wide software issue where the trials are not showing up even for our new customers. Our engineers are currently working on correcting this issue and they will be releasing a fix with a future update. When your vehicle receives this update, you will be able to see the agreement window on your touchscreen to either accept or decline the autopilot trial for your vehicle. Thank you for your patience and please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

xxxxx. | Tesla Support

We'll see whether it actually happens.