Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the photos! Main question I was wondering is my electrician wants to put the outlet on the front wall for ease and cost reasons (right next to the circuit breaker box). It looks like it could be a stretch to make the cord reach from the front wall to the rear left of the car if I pulled in front first. I was concerned about backing in as the space in my garage is tight. Thanks to your picture it looks like backing in is still doable, even in a tight garage!

There's more visibility when backing into, due to the camera and the auto-tilting mirrors (if you have that feature), so I think it's probably better to back into a tight space. With the mirrors set right, you can easily see if you have side clearance, and the camera shows the floor about six inches from the bumper. JerryNycom's pictures illustrate this last part really well (look at the red tap on the floor).

There's more visibility when backing into, due to the camera and the auto-tilting mirrors (if you have that feature), so I think it's probably better to back into a tight space. With the mirrors set right, you can easily see if you have side clearance, and the camera shows the floor about six inches from the bumper. JerryNycom's pictures illustrate this last part really well (look at the red tap on the floor).

If you back in to park, it's safer when you leave the parking space as well because your visibility going forward is better.